• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America #1 cover just showed up on eBay auction

174 posts in this topic

Congrats Knight! Based on the pictures, I knew it was unrestored, glad that it was :applause: First time I saw the CVR (Cover) notation where the grade should have been. Only thing I think that seems to be too much is having "cover or cover only" stated 3x on the label. I think the one in the middle can be omitted. Just a beautiful example of just the covers.

Congrats Knight! Based on the pictures, I knew it was unrestored, glad that it was :applause: First time I saw the CVR (Cover) notation where the grade should have been. Only thing I think that seems to be too much is having "cover or cover only" stated 3x on the label. I think the one in the middle can be omitted. Just a beautiful example of just the covers.
they should not put "pages" on the label of a cover only slab. Perhaps "ow to w interior covers"

they should not put "pages" on the label of a cover only slab. Perhaps "ow to w interior covers"

Yes that too. I didn't catch that because I was too fixated on the "cover/covers only" everywhere part. If CGC fixes the pages to interior covers or something similar than that would eliminate the redundancy on the label.

Super fantastic brilliantly awesome!!!!!!!!!

Im late for this party,but thanks so much for sharing this incredible journey of dreams,with a happy ending!Really boosted my spirits,so very happy and excited for you!

Big smiles and blue skies!

Thanks everyone!

It's fun to share the journey.

I talked to the seller last night to find out more of the cover's history. He thinks they had it for at least 50-60 years.

The crazy thing is that the ebay seller bought the cover with 80 other comics for.... $40!!

Ha ha. Nice profit. It was funny when I opened the box from him, it was protected very well, but not even a comic bag on the cover 0.0.

I agree that cover only x3 on the cgc case is pretty intense.

But most of all, CGC should charge less if you're grading just a cover... It's pretty obvious how much work you're saving them.