Captain America #1 cover just showed up on eBay auction
4 4

174 posts in this topic

3,583 posts

Outstanding! Congratulations! :applause:

10,524 posts

Awesome man. I knew there was no restoration on it all along and it looks amazing in the slab. :applause:

-J.

11,700 posts

Congrats Knight! Based on the pictures, I knew it was unrestored, glad that it was :applause: First time I saw the CVR (Cover) notation where the grade should have been. Only thing I think that seems to be too much is having "cover or cover only" stated 3x on the label. I think the one in the middle can be omitted. Just a beautiful example of just the covers.

Edited by Dark Knight

23,949 posts
I think that seems to be too much is having "cover or cover only" stated 3x on the label. I think the one in the middle can be omitted.

Agree

1,278 posts

Just beautiful, I'm very jelly ... this would be a grail for me!

Congrats! (thumbs u

12,598 posts
Congrats Knight! Based on the pictures, I knew it was unrestored, glad that it was :applause: First time I saw the CVR (Cover) notation where the grade should have been. Only thing I think that seems to be too much is having "cover or cover only" stated 3x on the label. I think the one in the middle can be omitted. Just a beautiful example of just the covers.
they should not put "pages" on the label of a cover only slab. Perhaps "ow to w interior covers"

1,344 posts
they should not put "pages" on the label of a cover only slab. Perhaps "ow to w interior covers"

Thats a no brainer. :screwy:

11,700 posts

Yes that too. I didn't catch that because I was too fixated on the "cover/covers only" everywhere part. If CGC fixes the pages to interior covers or something similar than that would eliminate the redundancy on the label.

1,372 posts

Congratulations! Very solid cover (thumbs u

40,604 posts

Super fantastic brilliantly awesome!!!!!!!!!

Im late for this party,but thanks so much for sharing this incredible journey of dreams,with a happy ending!Really boosted my spirits,so very happy and excited for you!

Big smiles and blue skies!

2,452 posts

Thanks everyone!

It's fun to share the journey.

I talked to the seller last night to find out more of the cover's history. He thinks they had it for at least 50-60 years.

The crazy thing is that the ebay seller bought the cover with 80 other comics for.... $40!!

Ha ha. Nice profit. It was funny when I opened the box from him, it was protected very well, but not even a comic bag on the cover 0.0.

I agree that cover only x3 on the cgc case is pretty intense.

But most of all, CGC should charge less if you're grading just a cover... It's pretty obvious how much work you're saving them.

40,604 posts

Could someone tell me what the TBD stands for in your sigline,where a grade would be?

4,113 posts

I was told it means to be determined from Knightsofold

Edited by woowoo