Captain America #1 cover just showed up on eBay auction
4 4

174 posts in this topic

338 posts

Hello, hope everyone is doing well. Im really excited to say that I picked up the cover from ebay last night. Im putting together a captain america #1 so I couldn't be more excited. My coverless copy is also off white to white pages so it matches the cover nicely. Im just missing 2 wraps and the back cover. Does anyone have any suggestions for the back cover. I know they put some sort of number on it but I would like to get a similar one for a decent price. Also if anybody has some wraps please let me know. Thanks

Ramon

2,801 posts

There is a boardie that was selling individual pages and wraps as he bought a coverless copy to get the CF. I myself bought and sold a page at one time from and to another boardie. fyi

4,245 posts
Hello, hope everyone is doing well. Im really excited to say that I picked up the cover from ebay last night. Im putting together a captain america #1 so I couldn't be more excited. My coverless copy is also off white to white pages so it matches the cover nicely. Im just missing 2 wraps and the back cover. Does anyone have any suggestions for the back cover. I know they put some sort of number on it but I would like to get a similar one for a decent price. Also if anybody has some wraps please let me know. Thanks

Ramon

I think the price you paid is in line with its value, but I am just curious if you did not know about the Comiclink auction?

338 posts

Yeah I missed the auction. Regardless they charge a 10 percent buyers premium so at 3400 it would have been almost 3700 assuming his max was $3400. If he bid $4000 I would have ended up paying like $4400.

Im just happy that I least I was able to pick it up at all.

Edited by Ray305comics

338 posts

Does anyone know what golden age book might also have this back cover and that the book might be at a decent price? I know the number is never going to match but at least to get a back cover with the same image

Thanks

sorry for the blurry pics

IMG_9082_zpsfh7r6423.jpg

IMG_9081_zpsshaothuz.jpg

6,373 posts
Looks like the same cover has come up for sale again. Isn't the owner of this cover a boardie? Is he the one selling this?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1941-WWII-CAPTAIN-AMERICA-COMICS-No-1-Nazi-HITLER-comic-book-COVER-ONLY-/172349158868?hash=item2820cf75d4:g:VGwAAOSwLnBX4aEI

Boardies is knightsfold maybe he can chip in. But my understanding is it now in a slab. Are you sure it is the same cover? I haven't comapred the images.

Edited by The-Collector

7,276 posts

Many people need a centerfold for that book. It won't go cheap.

1,344 posts
Many people need a centerfold for that book. It won't go cheap.

yep! its a scam, start reporting this folks