• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Just now, blowout said:
19 minutes ago, valiantman said:

CGC's fluctuating grading standards don't help values stabilize much either, since Harbinger #1 (1992) was nearly impossible in CGC 9.8 until about 2009, and now they're much easier to find (still selling for $700+), which is pretty impressive for a non-variant from any company printed in the 1990s.

Is there a specific reason for the lack of 9.8's prior to 2009?

I have quite a few pre Unity valiants that I have also never got around to getting graded. Is there something i should look for on the harbinger 1 that would stop it getting a 9.8?

Harbinger #1_NMboards.jpg

The paper used for the cover has a tendency to split at the spine.  There can be flaking and splits anywhere along the spine from the paper breaking at the fold.  CGC originally counted those problems as damage, but sometime around 2008 or 2009 they considered it a production defect that is not the result of handling/damage by people.