• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Now they around going to ruin movies,

Translation need please I.

I type fast on my ipad and don't proof read. .. Sorry. It's a bad habit but one I will continue. Feel free to ask for translations though.

Now they are going to ruin motion pictures the way they ruined comic books

Hopefully that's a little better.

Now they around going to ruin movies,

Translation need please I.

I type fast on my ipad and don't proof read. .. Sorry. It's a bad habit but one I will continue. Feel free to ask for translations though.

Hopefully that's a little better.

All caps please

Shaq-Steel and Backstreet-Superboy issues were printed more than ANY issue printed by Valiant... including Turok #1 that came out the same month.

But... yes... it was definitely Valiant that ruined comic books.

We're sorry 'bout that. :sorry:

Great. Now they around going to ruin movies, the way they did comics in the 90s.

That!

Guaranteed to bomb. Comic book movies that 95% of the general public never heard of only works if it's Marvel.

Don't tell that to Hellboy. :eek: Or V for Vendetta. Or Men In Black. Or...

V For Vendetta blewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

Or 300. Or The Crow. Or Sin City. Or Scott Pilgrim. Or The Mask. Or...

All great movies!

Especially The Crow! (thumbs u

Or A History of Violence. Or Road To Perdition. Or Dredd. Or Wanted. Or...

(thumbs u :grin:

All, or at least mostly, great films (I liked V For Vendetta) but none featuring flying spandex-clad merchandisable super-beings.

Which is what Marvel excels at. It all depends on how much super-hero fare can be accepted by the non-fanboy masses, or whether another company which doesn't have anything like Marvel's branding power will make any difference to cinemagoers' interest in such movies.

All, or at least mostly, great films (I liked V For Vendetta) but none featuring flying spandex-clad merchandisable super-beings.

Which is what Marvel excels at. It all depends on how much super-hero fare can be accepted by the non-fanboy masses, or whether another company which doesn't have anything like Marvel's branding power will make any difference to cinemagoers' interest in such movies.

Great point, and maybe that's why they're hangin' back with X-O. hm

Harbinger can be done and presented without going all "spandex-clad" superheroes. Kids with abilities, bad guy in a suit. More sci fi /fantasy, less superfriends. And Bloodshot? Basically a super soldier, so he could be just tactical gear w/ swords.

Save the exoskeleton superhero for once their universe is established. Then breakout the uniforms, capes and action figures? Maybe?

Harbinger can be done and presented without going all "spandex-clad" superheroes. Kids with abilities, bad guy in a suit. More sci fi /fantasy, less superfriends. And Bloodshot? Basically a super soldier, so he could be just tactical gear w/ swords.

Save the exoskeleton superhero for once their universe is established. Then breakout the uniforms, capes and action figures? Maybe?

It could be a strategy which ends up being marketable. However Valiant / Sony have got to find a niche that's distinct from Marvel to elicit interest.

That's true, the only "cape" in Harbinger is Faith... who wears a costume because that's what superheroes are supposed to do! lol

She's basically a fan-girl who gets the ability to fly, so in a way... Harbinger basically makes fun of classic superheroes.

Bloodshot and Harbinger aren't spandex-and-capes comics.

The "new" Valiant Bloodshot series was really great, and Harbinger nearly as good. The crossover storyline was also very enjoyable. I see no reason why these movies can't be successfully sold as sci-fi action movies, rather than superhero or comic flicks. 99% of the moviegoing public will have never heard of the characters or would know that they ever existed before the movies were released. I think the concepts are strong enough to stand on their own.

I work with a lady who has a Hellboy tattoo. She had no idea who Mike Mignola was when I talked to her about it, she just really loved the movies. Comic properties can have a very wide reach regardless of the good or bad connotations of their source material.

That's true, the only "cape" in Harbinger is Faith... who wears a costume because that's what superheroes are supposed to do! lol

She's basically a fan-girl who gets the ability to fly, so in a way... Harbinger basically makes fun of classic superheroes.

Bloodshot and Harbinger aren't spandex-and-capes comics.

And she was hot.

Grats Valiant fans!

I know you've been waiting for this.

I want an A & A movie. Even though I don't currently read them, they were always my favorite.

According the article, there is an A&A movie in the works.

Not sure if that's with Sony. hm

Grats Valiant fans!

I know you've been waiting for this.

I want an A & A movie. Even though I don't currently read them, they were always my favorite.

According the article, there is an A&A movie in the works.

Not sure if that's with Sony. hm

Sweet!

Time to dig out all those boxes of Valiants that have been sitting in my basement since 1996...

To be fair I still reread Solar, A & A and one or two other titles occasionally - I always thought Shadowman was underrated. The pre-Unity books hold up pretty well.