• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Five Valiant Universe movies announced by Sony... Bloodshot first in 2017

202 posts in this topic

Is Jason David Frank Playing Bloodshot?

Earlier this week, news broke that Arrow actor Michael Rowe was trading in his Deadshot guns for Ninjak's blade in a forthcoming webseries from Valiant Entertainment and Bat in the Sun.

Besides Rowe as Ninjak, the series will reportedly star Mighty Morphin Power Rangers standout Jason David Frank in an as-yet-undisclosed role...but his social media habits may have provided a clue today.

Jesse Fresco, a Valiant superfan best known for having a top-notch Bloodshot cosplay that he brings with him to numerous major conventions and comics events, posted to social media that Frank had started following him on Instagram.

This comes about fourteen hours after Frank posted to his own Instagram account, "Booked a new show by Valiant Entertainment directed by Bat in the Sun. Big announcement at New York Comic Con."

N4RjcPP.png

Rumors centering on the Ninjak series indicated that the nature of the project would be revealed at New York Comic Con. A photo posted to Frank's Instagram account also indicates that he'll be signing at the Valiant booth.

Interesting... I wonder if Valiant is considering the web series episodes as "prequels" to the feature films. hm

Maybe that is why Dinesh is extra excited about these shorts. It's the gateway to the bigger productions.

:wishluck::wishluck::wishluck:

Not for nothing, but I'd never heard of Max Steele before watching the trailer yesterday.

Forcibly reminded me of X-O, so much that I'm worried that if it fails, it might kill the near-term prospects for an X-O movie.

Not for nothing, but I'd never heard of Max Steele before watching the trailer yesterday.

Forcibly reminded me of X-O, so much that I'm worried that if it fails, it might kill the near-term prospects for an X-O movie.

If this budget estimate is correct for Max Steel ($5 million to $25 million), then it's hard to see how it could fail. hm

You can't lose more than $25million if that's the max you spent. lol

Max Steel looked less like X-O Manowar and looked more like "Iron Man suit on Peter Parker" in that trailer.

Here Is What Jason David Frank Could Look Like As Bloodshot

Valiant Entertainment will soon be bringing some of their vaunted characters to the small screen courtesy of a new web series, and they may be enlisting a familiar name to play the hard to kill test subject Bloodshot. Now we have an idea of just what that might look like.

The company announced that Michael Rowe, who played Deadshot on The CW's Arrow, will be playing the role of Ninjak in a new web series from Bat in the Sun. Bat in the Sun is known for their popular Super Power Beat Down videos, but Rowe isn't the only Valiant hero they're utilizing for the show, and recent social media happenings indicate that Jason David Frank might be suiting up as Bloodshot.

Thanks to the creative stylings of BossLogic, fans can get an idea of what Frank could look like in the role, and if he looks anywhere close to what's on display here, fans should be more than happy. That red circle on his chest is far less disturbing when it's presented on the comic page, but BossLogic's take on it certainly makes an impactful first impression.

36q0XyI.jpg

Valiant Comics Announces 2016 NYCC Panels

For the first time anywhere, Valiant is proud to reveal its staggering line-up of NYCC 2016 panels and presentations that will be taking over the Javits Center in the heart of New York City from Thursday, October 6th to Sunday, October 9th!

VALIANT x BAT IN THE SUN: TOP-SECRET ANNOUNCEMENT

Saturday, October 8th at 2:45 p.m.

Panel Room 1A21

Valiant Entertainment, the most acclaimed publisher in comics today, and Bat in the Sun Productions, the team behind the YouTube sensation Super Power Beat Down, join forces for a feature-length live-action series! Join directors Aaron & Sean Schoenke, stars Michael Rowe (CW's Arrow/Flash), Jason David Frank (Power Rangers), Derek Theler (Baby Daddy), Valiant's top executives and more for a first look at footage from the top-secret project! Exclusive giveaway and signing to follow!!

Guests: Michael Rowe, Jason David Frank, John Morrison, Derek Theler, Chantelle Barry, Aaron & Sean Schoenke, Josh Johns, Dinesh Shamdasani, and Special Guests!

If they are going the Youtube route you can stick a fork in this Valiant movie business. Sucks too because I'm still sitting on a truck load of Rai #0's. :cry:

Yeah, looking like it's time to dump :(

Wait -- so instead of the 2017 Sony-produced feature film we're getting full-length YouTube fan fiction?

:facepalm:

Looks like it. lol

I guess the announcement that Sony is the partner should have been a hint. :censored:

Edited by kimik

IMO this is their way of introducing the characters to the general public. The general public has NO idea who Rai, or Bloodshot, or Shadowman is.

There is no way someone spends ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS to make Youtube videos.

I think someone at the top got cold feet and wanted to make sure these characters had some back-story before actual movies are made.

Yep, they'll be pushed back for sure, but they're still comin!

Jay

IMO this is their way of introducing the characters to the general public. The general public has NO idea who Rai, or Bloodshot, or Shadowman is.

There is no way someone spends ONE HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS to make Youtube videos.

I think someone at the top got cold feet and wanted to make sure these characters had some back-story before actual movies are made.

Jay

This makes the most sense. Committing $100 MM (+) (remember there were two investments) is quite the gamble. They're not just going to walk away from that as an 'Oh well - we tried' shrug-off.

a) I'm pretty sure the general public doesn't watch a YouTube series called Super Power Beat Down either.

b) Lack of awareness by the general public hasn't stopped major movies featuring Blade, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant Man, etc.

There are other ways to test the waters. This isn't one of them.

Exactly. There are better ways to do this.

That being said, the biggest issue for Valiant was the partnership with Sony instead of another studio. At the time it made sense, but unfortunately Sony Pictures has become a bit of a mess since then.

There are other ways to test the waters. This isn't one of them.

Exactly. There are better ways to do this.

Really? What other ways can you get that kind of exposure without much cost? YouTube trailers gets millions of views. It's inexpensive. Plus from recent trends, trailers/marketing hasn't been a problem with movies. It's the movies living up to the marketing hype.

I personally think this is a great idea.

Jay

These characters do have back story. They came from comics. Not every comic book movie is going to be instantly recognizable to the general public. Put out a good movie and it won't matter.

We can criticize this until we're blue in the face. Fact is, it's their money, they're going to do this first, and I for one think it's a great idea. I don't watch Youtube for anything other than occasionally I'll put it on to listen to music. I can't tell you how many of those beat downs I've seen just by going on Facebook and having others post them. It's not stuff I go out and look for, but they're always somewhere I happen to be.

I'm absolutely positive that for a hundred million there was some research involved.

Jay