• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HA MAY 28-30 SIGNATURE AUCTION

744 posts in this topic

O no there are 2 pieces of art and one book I am throwing my entire bonus at lol, and then some. HA has some great pieces in this one.

BTW Gator how do you think the MF 73 will be affected by the cover reattached with non-manufacturing staples? Even with the tape stains, it still has real strong eye appeal for a 3.0.

I think we will start to see a downward price correction...as expected, lots of copies are now coming out of the woodwork (I was even offered a 9.0 !) and I think that prices "should" soften (doesn't mean they will, but they should)

O no there are 2 pieces of art and one book I am throwing my entire bonus at lol, and then some. HA has some great pieces in this one.

BTW Gator how do you think the MF 73 will be affected by the cover reattached with non-manufacturing staples? Even with the tape stains, it still has real strong eye appeal for a 3.0.

I think we will start to see a downward price correction...as expected, lots of copies are now coming out of the woodwork (I was even offered a 9.0 !) and I think that prices "should" soften (doesn't mean they will, but they should)

:o

1693 now. I really want to see the Batman 3 scan (8.5). There are also several pieces of artwork that look pretty interesting.

That sounds like the old..... "holy mess I really love a couple of these, I better not say what they are" hm

Good luck ;)

1693 now. I really want to see the Batman 3 scan (8.5). There are also several pieces of artwork that look pretty interesting.

That sounds like the old..... "holy mess I really love a couple of these, I better not say what they are" hm

Good luck ;)

I will say a few since I know they will go beyond my means

1. SA X-men page 2/3 splash with Avengers.

2. Jerry Robinson Green Hornet story (depending on content)

3. Wrightson Swamp Thing issue 6, pg 6 This one is pretty darn sweet !

4. Neal Adams and Tom Palmer Amazing Adventures #5 Splash Page 1 I have been in love with this one for many many years when I first saw a scan displayed in Heroes Comics in Campbell, CA.

5. Jack Kirby and Ayers Strange Tales #108 Splash Page 1. Really nice.

Tops on the list for me. Stuck out for me right away. Beautiful.

Unfortunately it will be too rich for my blood as well.

Tops on the list for me. Stuck out for me right away. Beautiful.

I was going to single that one out as well... just a great splash.

And Supes #12 cover, very cool.

Stand outs for me are:

1)Daredevil comics #17 (i recently obtained a copy, but not this nice. If this was a Timely or DC could you imagine the premiums for a cover with such a disturbing image?)

2)V comics #! & #2 (you just don't see em')

3)Whiz Comics #5 (passed on numerous copies of this book in the past when it was 'cheap'. Liking the cover more and more now).

4)Top-Notch Comics #12 (stunner! also have one, but not as nice)

5)Speed Comics #28 (What a book!)

Honorary mention: Whiz #1 (and two others i may actually be able to win, so won't get into here :D )

Question. I have a few books I am on the fence about consigning to HA. Nothing major, 3-4 GA/SA keys in the 4/5 figure range. Do you guys think that given the sheer amount of awesome in this auction it is a) a good idea to consign now because all the big guys will be out, throwing around money and prices realized for my stuff may be higher then usual. b) being the big fish in a small pond is better than disappearing behind all the awesome that is this auction, and should wait to be more of a standout in another, later auction.

Well, going by not actually knowing what books or art you plan to sell, and i get the impression you don't have to sell now, i would wait for a less crowded field. However if you'd really like to sell, there is the option of going with one of the other two houses that have auctions around the same time (but CC's is shaping up to be a nice one two.....) doh! don't think i 'helped' much

Well seems we are all on the same page. :(

The good news is you are the only one willing to destroy your credit rating over it :banana:

Good luck! Would love to see you end up with it, its a wonderful page.

The good news is you are the only one willing to destroy your credit rating over it :banana:

lol yea but you may have more in your checking account then I have in my entire credit rating :P Kirby is my all time favorite artist. I have a bunch of other Kirby pages but never a Kirby splash. Sadly this may go for a bit more then I can afford, though I hope not!!! Do you think the sig adds much value to it? For me, personally, it does but I'm unsure if the market values his signed pieces more than his unsigned ones.

lol yea but you may have more in your checking account then I have in my entire credit rating .

I doubt it! :insane: I love kirby too and its on my bucket list to get a splash as well but I'm not in a hurry. If I had $Xk burning a hole in my pocket this is one I'd go after too. Good luck! (thumbs u

I think the signature is mostly a non-factor.