• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who's more popular- Wolverine or Hulk?

More popular- Wolverine or Hulk  

7 members have voted

1. 1. More popular- Wolverine or Hulk

23 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

Hulk liked Ferrigno Hulk. Ferrigno Hulk was a real Hulk. Looked normal. But if Ferrigno Hulk should be replaced, by a CGI Hulk who changes size from scene to scene, and in an odd father son bonding melodrama storyline , then Hulk will SMASH! hulk-smile.gif.0d5864fcb71bd954efa085352ef8683d.gif

Just now, Wolverinex said:
3 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

No. hulk-smile.gif.c682e83e10ae29b0c645fdc3c0a4b055.gif

Yes

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/bjKZenZLGXvZm" width="480" height="201" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/x-men-hugh-jackman-bjKZenZLGXvZm">via GIPHY</a></p>

Ha! Puny Wolverine can't even post gifs properly. hulk-smile.gif.cd74e11bf354a994700e904e122fb66b.gif

31 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

That's irrelevant, Bub.  I spend most of my time in the Canadian Wilderness.

Yes. With the rest of the puny people hulk-smile.gif.955316c96363848396eff98efafa8432.gif

Edited by Get Marwood & I Live!
Hulk no like

17 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Hulk Smash

Loved watching the Hulk TV show starring Lou Ferrigno growing up as a kid, than along came the cartoon which I would watch every morning before school, ahhh such great great memories

Bill Bixby was great wasn't he. Seemed to emanate decency and sincerity. What a lovely man. 

6 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Bill Bixby was great wasn't he. Seemed to emanate decency and sincerity. What a lovely man. 

Bill played the part perfectly

And at the end of each episode, the sad music would be playing as he walked off in to the sunset ( oh wait that's highway to heaven starring Michael Landon)

2 minutes ago, PunisherPunisherPunisher said:

Bill played the part perfectly

And at the end of each episode, the sad music would be playing as he walked off in to the sunset ( oh wait that's highway to heaven starring Michael Landon)

Hulk likes Triple Punisher. Triple Punisher likes Ferrigno Hulk. But if Triple Punisher should start to confuse his Bixby's with his Landon's, and go all Little House on The Prairie on Hulk, then Hulk will SMASH! hulk-smile.gif.afb49113d59c3a2273407b06b9832a90.gif.b69b5f8c05b773bb07397347168108b0.gif

8 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

Hulk likes Triple Punisher. Triple Punisher likes Ferrigno Hulk. But if Triple Punisher should start to confuse his Bixby's with his Landon's, and go all Little House on The Prairie on Hulk, then Hulk will SMASH! hulk-smile.gif.afb49113d59c3a2273407b06b9832a90.gif.b69b5f8c05b773bb07397347168108b0.gif

Lol 

Goodnight Jim Bob

All those shows in that era were great

Edited by PunisherPunisherPunisher
Add on

I think the MCU has done wonders for the Hulk. If you'd have asked this question ten years ago (with two "failed" movies of his own and the Avengers movie just coming out), Hulk was a bit of a mess. His comics were 'meh' and at that point only one title, right? Wolverine would have been an easy pick. He was the best part of a big movie franchise and had multiple titles going. While not the hay-days of the early 90's where he was in every title Marvel was putting out, Wolverine was still on two or three teams and had more than one solo title (Wolverine and Old Man Logan, my times are a little hazy).  

Then Wolrd War Hulk and the Avengers movie happened around '07 and '08. Both seemed to catapult Hulk into the spotlight. And both sold him as awesome! MCU hit after MCU hit kept him in the spotlight. He's running how many titles right now? At least a few (is Totally Awesome still a thing?, Immortal, Weapon H- I know not actually Hulk and also Wolverine-like). 

Meanwhile, during that time Wolverine was enjoying moderate success with team and solo movies, but in the comics he died (longer than Hulk was dead during that same time, it seems) and was also the victim of the Marvel Freeze-out, where Marvel Comics cuts back their non-MCU properties. FF was canceled, the X-Men were cut down to make way for the Inhumans, etc. I know they've been back for a while, but Wolverine hasn't been a part of that resurgence, being dead and all. 

The pendulum will probably swing back the other way in a year or two, but Hulk has been on a fresh run for some time now.