• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

So here's my problem with that number (same issues with sports voting for HOF or MVP)...

- Is this one person trying to be an outlier because they are thinking "no movie should be 100%"?

- Did they have valid reasoning to give it a negative review?

If anybody has this person's official review I'd love to see it.  Not saying they are right or wrong (it is an opinion after all) but it obviously is an outlier.

https://rogersmovienation.com/2018/12/09/movie-review-spider-man-into-the-spiderverse/

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

Alright, that's a legit reason to not like the movie.

I can't play first-person shooting games because they make me :sick:.  So I can see where he's coming from.

***Thanks for the link(thumbsu

On 12/12/2018 at 11:44 AM, AnthonyTheAbyss said:
On 12/12/2018 at 9:55 AM, paperheart said:

Alright, that's a legit reason to not like the movie.

I can't play first-person shooting games because they make me :sick:.  So I can see where he's coming from.

***Thanks for the link(thumbsu

While he may have valid reasons for his dislike of the movie, there is also the fact that I would bet he's gotten at least 20 reads of his review for every one anyone else has gotten.  $$$

Loved the movie! It did a great job capturing the essence of Spider-Man while not having Peter as the main character-although he was pretty important. I also loved all the little Easter eggs. Every time someone scrolled a phone I laughed because you’d see creators’ names. 

I’d honestly say it was one of the best, if not the best, Spider-Man movies I’ve seen. 

17 hours ago, ChrisInBaltimore said:

I’d honestly say it was one of the best, if not the best, Spider-Man movies I’ve seen. 

+1  :applause:

My family and I loved it, even my wife who is no particular fan of superhero films. It had more heart and more wit than any 'regular' Spidey movie I can remember. The visuals were dazzling.

47 minutes ago, Point Five said:

My family and I loved it, even my wife who is no particular fan of superhero films. It had more heart and more wit than any 'regular' Spidey movie I can remember. The visuals were dazzling.

:banana:

5 hours ago, Point Five said:

Yea it captured the entire family. I enjoyed Homecoming, but I always felt it lacked the depth of Spidey. It was Iron Man 2.0 or something. There was no responsibility.

This movie captured it so well. 

My entire family loved it too. My wife really enjoyed Homecoming, but she loved this.

My son wants to go see it again tomorrow and I think we might. He’s never asked to see a movie twice in the theater before. 

1 hour ago, ChrisInBaltimore said:

Yea it captured the entire family. I enjoyed Homecoming, but I always felt it lacked the depth of Spidey. It was Iron Man 2.0 or something. There was no responsibility.

This movie captured it so well. 

My entire family loved it too. My wife really enjoyed Homecoming, but she loved this.

My son wants to go see it again tomorrow and I think we might. He’s never asked to see a movie twice in the theater before. 

I didn't see Homecoming but I'm sure I'd agree with you. Quite honestly, this felt like a fresher Spidey story than I've ever seen onscreen. Miles is a great character, and watching him struggle with his powers and shortcomings was much more relatable than watching Peter Parker knock Flash Thompson around for the hundredth time or whatever. (Which is a bit strange to admit, as I grew up on the PP version of Spidey.)

My 7-year-old (Caucasian) son loved Miles to death, and actually wore a hoodie jacket to bed tonight in solidarity. So friggin' cute. :)

On a different note, the animated version of New York City shown in this movie 'felt' more like real NYC to me than the movies they actually filmed here.

16 minutes ago, Point Five said:

I didn't see Homecoming but I'm sure I'd agree with you. Quite honestly, this felt like a fresher Spidey story than I've ever seen onscreen. Miles is a great character, and watching him struggle with his powers and shortcomings was much more relatable than watching Peter Parker knock Flash Thompson around for the hundredth time or whatever. (Which is a bit strange to admit, as I grew up on the PP version of Spidey.)

My 7-year-old (Caucasian) son loved Miles to death, and actually wore a hoodie jacket to bed tonight in solidarity. So friggin' cute. :)

On a different note, the animated version of New York City shown in this movie 'felt' more like real NYC to me than the movies they actually filmed here.

Ha my 7 year old is the one asking to see it again. 7 is a fun age, so far.

Just got back from seeing it.  Thought it was nearly perfect.  Brilliant, beautiful animation throughout.  This thing was visually amazing.  Great story, action and humor.  I lost myself in it, as if I was a kid again.  Bendis and the entire creative staff got this movie right.  4 stars without a doubt.