• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

I wont be seeing it.  Not a fan of the whole proliferation of spider mans where everyone and their mom is spider man.

Bought my 6 year old to see it with me.  She wasn't very excited to see it, but after seeing it, she wanted to go again for a 2nd time and bring Mom as well.  For what it's worth her favorite characters were (in order) miles, Peter porker, spider-gwen.

9/10 for me.  Everything you'd want a Spider-Man movie to be.

Saw it with my 8 year old as she asked to see it.   Probably a bit too scary for her in retrospect, but she enjoyed it and so did I and most surprising of all my wife.   Very well done

Perhaps the best Spider-Man movie that captured the spirit of the character. It did everything you’d want if your a Spider-Man fan. The final battle was little too drawn out for me but still solid overall. Loved it. 

17 hours ago, kav said:

I wont be seeing it.  Not a fan of the whole proliferation of spider mans where everyone and their mom is spider man.

De uniqueing a character is a DC thing.

My wife said she wanted to see this and I told her to enjoy herself. I got suckered into seeing Spider-Man Homecoming, so I will do my best to actively avoid watching the Spider-Friends. 

2 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

De uniqueing a character is a DC thing.

My wife said she wanted to see this and I told her to enjoy herself. I got suckered into seeing Spider-Man Homecoming, so I will do my best to actively avoid watching the Spider-Friends. 

exactly.  I dont care about spider man if everyone is spider man.  same with all the iron mans.

The Ned character in homecoming made me want to vomit much like the rose tiko annoyance in last (I wish) jedi.

3 hours ago, kav said:

The Ned character in homecoming made me want to vomit much like the rose tiko annoyance in last (I wish) jedi.

I thought Rose had a poignant back-story for a Star wars movie and I liked her immediately, but... that Ned character in Homecoming.  He was so obnoxious and constantly jeopardizing Peter's secret (putting his family at risk,) I was surprised Peter didn't leave him in the elevator on the Washington Monument.  People on here talked about having a distaste of Zendaya (not sure I'm spelling her name right,) but she was always a delightfully fresh young lady on screen compared to the Ned character. My 2c 

Just now, NewEnglandGothic said:

I thought Rose had a poignant back-story for a Star wars movie and I liked her immediately, but... that Ned character in Homecoming.  He was so obnoxious and constantly jeopardizing Peter's secret (putting his family at risk,) I was surprised Peter didn't leave him in the elevator on the Washington Monument.  People on here talked about having a distaste of Zendaya (not sure I'm spelling her name right,) but she was always a delightfully fresh young lady on screen compared to the Ned character. My 2c 

It's an old saw tho having family member die to drum up making audience care about character.  I wanted to punch Ned's lights out for constantly blabbing.

1 hour ago, NewEnglandGothic said:

He was so obnoxious and constantly jeopardizing Peter's secret  

If I was Parker I would have slammed Ned against wall, said dude-you have to stop blabbing-I have a *spoon* load of enemies and you're gonna get my aunt killed.  If you cant control your big mouth I'm going to have to take you off the table.  I'm not gonna let my aunt die bruh-
Then web him 20 feet high on building side to let him consider his options.

1 hour ago, kav said:

If I was Parker I would have slammed Ned against wall, said dude-you have to stop blabbing-I have a *spoon* load of enemies and you're gonna get my aunt killed.  If you cant control your big mouth I'm going to have to take you off the table.  I'm not gonna let my aunt die bruh-
Then web him 20 feet high on building side to let him consider his options.

"Ha ha, Parker I signed on for five movies.  My contract is as airtight as Robert Wuhl's after the first Batman"  -Ned

Kind of takes the poetic justice away, in these franchises. :( 

But, yeah, if I had an aunt that looked like Marissa Tomei, I would want see if hamsters Ned could fly.

I saw this last night with my wife, her college-aged daughter, and her (the daughter's boyfriend, not my wife's,  lol) boyfriend.  We all enjoyed it.  My wife said it was a lot better than she expected it to be.  As a lifetime Spidey fan, I thought it had something for everyone.  Seeing Stan, even animated, did bring a small tear to my eye.  Even though the storyline was over the top at times, I liked the plot and pacing.  Visuals were excellent, with some old, school comic effects thrown in for goodness sake.  I'm giving this a 7.5 out of 10.

Edited by Spider-Variant

On 11/29/2018 at 7:06 PM, Callaway29 said:

I like him, and I dislike most. If you haven’t, watch some interviews...cat is genuine, and funny as hell. 2c

I've read his interviews. He's a culture vulture with no respect for the music he makes millions off. Jeff Weiss wrote an amazing piece on how vapid he is.

2 hours ago, Hawkman said:

Do you have any more wrong takes on this movie you'd like to share? This was excellent. Arguably the best Spiderman movie ever.

Sure here's another one- this "Spider-man movie" will also be the least successful of them by far.

Any other questions? 

-J.

Box office is a poor indicator of quality. Successful doesn't always mean more $. My nieces' kids were playing with a Spider-Gwen figure on Christmas, wouldn't put down "Spider-Woman". "Spider-Gwen" I tried to correct them. No, in the movie she is called Spider-Woman I was told. This was a 3 year old and his 5 year old brother, who cannot get enough of the animated movie. That is a successful movie any way you cut it.

30 minutes ago, Bird said:

Box office is a poor indicator of quality. Successful doesn't always mean more $. My nieces' kids were playing with a Spider-Gwen figure on Christmas, wouldn't put down "Spider-Woman". "Spider-Gwen" I tried to correct them. No, in the movie she is called Spider-Woman I was told. This was a 3 year old and his 5 year old brother, who cannot get enough of the animated movie. That is a successful movie any way you cut it.

I agree 100% with your points.

I don't agree with the guy above who intimated that someone could be "wrong" about their own opinions. 

This animation style did not work for me.  I understand what they were trying to do but it was just too much of it  (I felt the same way about the other big cartoon out now, Aquaman, for other reasons, but did not feel that way about Bumblebee).

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Thinking about taking my 5 year old so. (well a few months shy of 5) - wondering whether it is too scary? So for those that have seen it - is it too scary for a 5 year old and if yes is it just certain parts? ie. I am ok taking him for an hour or so if that would work. 

For reference he has seen Big Hero 6 and was ok with it. 

59 minutes ago, Chillax23 said:

Thinking about taking my 5 year old so. (well a few months shy of 5) - wondering whether it is too scary? So for those that have seen it - is it too scary for a 5 year old and if yes is it just certain parts? ie. I am ok taking him for an hour or so if that would work. 

For reference he has seen Big Hero 6 and was ok with it. 

The villain scenes can be a bit scary for a soon-to-be-five-year-old.  In addition to that it is a pretty long movie (solid 2 hours).  Not an issue if you're enjoying it but I don't know if a kid that young can maintain that level of color excitement and camera movement for that long.

It all depends on the individual kid.  There were a lot of young kids in the showing I attended.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling