• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

Just saw it on a snowy Monday afternoon and the theater was full! This movie may have legs! It COULD compete with Garfield Spidey 2's domestic numbers!

Probably the best Spider-man movie and maybe one of the best superhero movies...

The animation and the action is just unreal...

And to all the haters: (thumbsu Spider-Gwen ROCKS!

1 hour ago, Cocomonkey said:

Did anyone else notice...

Hide contents

When the Spiders were in the basement shed and they showed the wall of villains, one of them was the Rose? Assuming he isn't the dead Richard Fisk version...

Good catch. Since you also had Tombstone appearing in the film, these two were around the same time I believe.

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Good catch. Since you also had Tombstone appearing in the film, these two were around the same time I believe.

Mid to late 80's - The Rose first appeared in Amazing Spider-man #253 (June 1984), but his origin was told in Web of Spider-man #30 (Sept 1987) 6 issues before Tombstone was introduced in Web of Spider-man #36 (March 1988). Of course, the Rose is actually Wilson Fisk's son, Richard who first appeared in Amazing Spider-man #83 (April 1970). 

And the two team up in Spider-man: The Animated Series from the 90's...

1 hour ago, paperheart said:

Best Animated Picture nomination as expected, if the Academy actually watch the movies it should be the favorite

Maybe. Isle of Dogs was phenomenal, and may give it strong competition.

More Academy-friendly, and it's a Wes Anderson production.

Into the Spider-Verse at a 50% split between domestic and international is interesting. I would have thought the latter would explode over this like other Spider-Man movies.

DC_MCU_BO190130a.thumb.PNG.a4b1b60632fed403eecdb35b00e212f7.PNG

Though Japan's box office is still pending, opening up on 3/8/19. That could explode there and tip the balance.

3 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Into the Spider-Verse at a 50% split between domestic and international is interesting. I would have thought the latter would explode over this like other Spider-Man movies.

DC_MCU_BO190130a.thumb.PNG.a4b1b60632fed403eecdb35b00e212f7.PNG

Though Japan's box office is still pending, opening up on 3/8/19. That could explode there and tip the balance.

With all the foaming at the mouth rave reviews I sure thought this movie would make a helluva lot more money than this.  

Guess Peter Parker still rules after all.

-J.

1 hour ago, Jaydogrules said:

With all the foaming at the mouth rave reviews I sure thought this movie would make a helluva lot more money than this.  

Guess Peter Parker still rules after all.

-J.

Umm...have you seen this yet?

You know Peter Parker's in it, right?