• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

While speaking exclusively with Screen Rant to discuss The Afterparty and Slow Horses, Daniel Pemberton reflected on his time working on Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. The Oscar-nominated composer recalled scoring Miles Morales' iconic "Leap of Faith" scene, knowing right away he had something special but nearly forgetting to execute it. See what Pemberton shared below:

"But you would keep going because everyone on this film knew they had something really special. I remember when I was in there and wrote the "Leap of Faith" music, I was there with Katie [Colley] and we were trying to work through the scene and I literally just went, 'What about this?' and I was like, 'F--k, that was good' in my head. I turned around to her like, 'What do you think of that?' and she was like, 'That was amazing.' She said, 'You recorded it, right?' I was like, 'No. I think I can remember what I did.' [Chuckles] So then I did it again and you played it and I also remember thinking, 'That is going to be a moment that people will really remember for decades.'"

According to directors Kemp Powers, Joaquin Dos Santos and Justinbut was delaye Thompson, the film had a little help from some iconic comic book artists. During a recent interview with Cartoonbrew.com, the directors revealed exactly which artists helped on the film.

"Yeah. I mean, we were just talking about Kris Anka, who's actually on our team," Powers revealed. "He's been amazing. Samford Green who's another artist we really loved who's been involved here."

"They're like the unsung heroes because all the work that they do ends up turning into these massive franchises, so let's make sure we keep them in the fold. And Kris Anka can speak directly to it. I mean, he's redesigned so many of these characters costumes. And so now to be able to carry it through into its like next iteration and have them there along for the ride, it's kind of a no-brainer when you think about it. You're like 'why didn't other people do this first?' But, I'm happy we were the ones." Dos Santos added.

The first film was helmed by Bob Persichietti, Peter Ramsey, and Rodney Rothman, so executive producers Phil Lord and Chris Miller thought that it would be a good idea to continue with that tradition on the sequel. Lord and Miller think having a trio of directors has benefited the film dramatically, so adding Dos Santos, Powers and Thompson was a no-brainer. In a previous interview with ComicBook.com the duo explained the process of hiring three directors for the animated Spider-Man flick.

"This is a situation where the movie was so ambitious, it was trying to do so many groundbreaking things in its visual style, in its storytelling style, in its cinematic style." Miller previously explained to ComicBook.com. "Everything about it ... The sound mix was probably going to be groundbreaking, so it required a lot of work. Every version of these movies is a collaboration of hundreds of filmmakers working together, and in the best versions people are contributing their creative ideas, and the people, the directors, and the producers are the ones that get to decide which of the things fit the road that you're going down."

On 4/11/2019 at 10:57 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Actually, they were originally announced in November/December of last year. 

I'm happy to provide you links if necessary.  

At this point I suspect whatever does happen will be either TV or the lower budget direct to video route that I said this should have also been from the beginning. 

-J.

Your level of Spider-Verse accuracy has been beyond reproach for sure.

:shiftyeyes: