• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Sony's SPIDER-MAN: INTO THE SPIDER-VERSE (2018)
4 4

249 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Chillax23 said:

Thinking about taking my 5 year old so. (well a few months shy of 5) - wondering whether it is too scary? So for those that have seen it - is it too scary for a 5 year old and if yes is it just certain parts? ie. I am ok taking him for an hour or so if that would work. 

For reference he has seen Big Hero 6 and was ok with it. 

Took my 4yr old girl. There were a couple parts she jumped due to being startled, there was a scene where someone was shot with a gun and died (no specifics so not spoiling), and I saw her shielding her eyes in some “scary” parts. That all sounds awful, but she paid attention the whole time and was excited about it afterwards. Overall I’m glad I took her because the borderline age appropriate parts were fleeting, and the rest of the movie was upbeat and positive.

On 12/29/2018 at 12:29 AM, Hawkman said:

Do you have any more wrong takes on this movie you'd like to share? This was excellent. Arguably the best Spiderman movie ever.

Not arguably... it was the best Spidey Movie ever.

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Perhaps the best Spider-Man movie that captured the spirit of the character. It did everything you’d want if your a Spider-Man fan. The final battle was little too drawn out for me but still solid overall. Loved it. 

This is a perfect review! I took my 9 year old, my 7 year old , and their friend (also 9) to see it. We all laughed, and had a great time. the punchlines were well received by the kids, the villains were hated and overall it was a FUN movie! I would watch it again for sure! What a pleasant surprise for a non spiderman fan!

On 1/3/2019 at 10:04 AM, Old Fashion PB and J said:

This is a perfect review! I took my 9 year old, my 7 year old , and their friend (also 9) to see it. We all laughed, and had a great time. the punchlines were well received by the kids, the villains were hated and overall it was a FUN movie! I would watch it again for sure! What a pleasant surprise for a non spiderman fan!

Ditto! Took my two grandsons last night ages 10 and 7. The 7 yr old already saw it once before and was happy to go again. We all enjoyed it very much and the characters and animation were awesome!!!

Edited by Jayman

5 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

This won the Golden Globe last night for "Best Animated Film," which solidifies its position as the favorite to win the Oscar for the same.

Wouldn't be noteworthy, except this was a strong year, with competition including both Incredibles 2 and Isle of Dogs.

:acclaim:

Does this mean they'll extend the theatrical run to make more money?  Isn't that how it usually works?

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 1:22 PM, Jayman said:

Ditto! Took my two grandsons last night ages 10 and 7. The 7 yr old already saw it once before and was happy to go again. We all enjoyed it very much and the characters and animation were awesome!!!

The amazing part is that DC has ruled the animated market for so long it makes the future of Marvel animated movies look so much brighter. I am glad you guys had a good time as well, I will probably buy this one.

Saw the movie again last night with the girlfriend.  She absolutely loved it.  Several kids there and they were laughing their butts off.  4:40 showing and the theater was about half packed (pretty good size for a movie out this long).

The Stan Lee cameo, the Prowler scene, the conversation between the door...:cry::cry::cry:.  Emotional rollercoaster.  Go see this movie while it's still in theaters.

Edited by AnthonyTheAbyss
Spelling done wrong

Time to put some complaints out there:

- After the initial sadness, Aunt May was a bit too happy/snarky/etc.  I wish they added a few more moments of her and Peter bonding/remembering

- The Manga, Noir, and Ham Spidermen didn't really have a story (which I completely understand because the movie would have been 3 hours)

- She should have kissed him before returning to her dimension (friends kiss...I think that would have been more appropriate than what they went with)

- Needed to do more with Miles' relationship with his roommate (obviously those two have to be very close friends)

***Will definitely buy the DVD(thumbsu