• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sensation Comics #1

97 posts in this topic

Also known as the treasury edition.

Every comic shop has at least one guy a week come in with the outer cover missing from an action1 detective 27 or sensation 1 treasury and an excited customer....

Also known as the treasury edition.

Every comic shop has at least one guy a week come in with the outer cover missing from an action1 detective 27 or sensation 1 treasury and an excited customer....

No, actually the GA books were printed as Famous First Editions.

They are part of the Limited Collector's series (from DC) Marvels are called Treasury Editions.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limited_Collectors%27_Edition

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Treasury_Edition

As I mentioned in a post I made earlier today (I deleted it when I could not locate the dang thing in my search)-- I knew I had one of these in my hands years ago-- I just forgot about the outer wrap/inner full cover thing. Seems like the book with the outer wrap gone is worth even less money --- it is incomplete.

Need to revise my tree fiddy to a "no thanks"

Literally if someone gave me that I would immediately toss it in the trash. I wouldn't even give it to my neighbor kids.

:gossip: Please don't tell Hado

everyone around gets really excited whenever they can correct other people it seems. You would think they would want you around more for that alone Kav.

Exactly-I perform a valuable service.

lol like I'm so powerful around here my word alone determines who buys what and no one would know enough to correct me.

forget Kav's overly ambitious mistype, we need names, RAT THE GUY OUT

nah -- the guy probably saw the comic-- saw it said 10 cents, did a marginal look for it on google and saw the original issue and started assuming things immediately.

Hope he didn't pay much for it himself.

You may have pretty much nailed it with this statement.

You didn't notice it was huge?

I'm really confused

So you did notice the size difference?

ok lemme explain i guess

i was assuming it was the regular size book and a collector was asking for advice.

once it came out it was the reprint i wondered why a collector would be fooled-i thought he had snapped the pic and had seen the book.

then it came out he hadn't seen the book.

as facts came in i revised my posts.

Again Kav, this is a disservice to the boards.

Someone asked an honest question, and without any idea what you were looking at, you threw out a value. Roughly $2995-4995 over what Gator estimated it's value.

Can't you see the issue?

Now you are picking on him. What could be wrong about throwing out uninformed guesses to someone asking for advice?