• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charity Thread for a friend's father with cancer

48 posts in this topic

I've seen this forum come together for charity threads many times before, and I hope to see that happen again here to help a close friend of my wife and I. This is a charity thread for a man named Bill Carpenter with terminal cancer. Bill's daughter is Alisha. Alisha is like a sister to my wife. Alisha is 20 years old, and has been left by most of her family to deal with the ins and outs of her father's will and burial arrangements. Bill has been living with his sister Misty during his recent cancer battle. So, to help with medical and burial expenses, Misty and Alisha have set up a Go Fund Me page. Here's the link which includes more details of Bill's current and past condition:

http://www.gofundme.com/schg8cg

I'll start by listing a few items. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to list items to help this charity effort along. I've decided to give the "buyers" two choices. Either they can send payment for the items straight to the Go Fund Me site for Bill to donate the amount and then post or PM the receipt for the donation or I will provide my PayPal address to send the funds to and at the conclusion of this thread, all money will be sent to Bill and his family. If you decide to go directly to the Go Fund Me page to donate, you can choose whether or not you would like to receive updates about Bill's condition and treatments. Of course, you don't have to purchase an item to donate. Every donation helps, no matter the amount.

Obviously, traditional rules apply. No HOS or probation list members. Payment methods accepted are PayPal, direct donations to the Go Fund Me page for Bill, or check or money order.

Additional photos for anyone interested:

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%204.50.14%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%204.53.51%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%204.54.01%20PM.png

Screen%20Shot%202015-04-23%20at%204.56.14%20PM.png

Here is my 1st donated book. If you buy, send the payment to either the Go Fund Me site or to Benjamin's Paypal account and notify Ben with your receipt.

Uncanny X-Men #221 NM+ 9.6/9.8 (1st appearance of Mr. Sinister) $40.00

You'll make a little money if it comes back a 9.6 and a bunch if it comes back 9.8. :baiting:

I have a number of these so the book you receive may not look exactly like this one but it will still be a 9.6/9.8 book. :foryou:

X-Men221NM.jpg

2nd donated book:

X-Men #244 NM+ 9.6/9.8 (1st appearance of Jubilee) $50.00

Same story as the X-Men #221 but you stand to make even more money with this one if you have it slabbed. Jubilee will be appearing in the new X-Men: Age of Apocalypse movie.

I have a number of these as well so the book you receive may not look exactly like this one but it will still be a 9.6/9.8 book.

X-Men244NM.jpg

2nd donated book:

Same story as the X-Men #221 but you stand to make even more money with this one if you have it slabbed. Jubilee will be appearing in the new X-Men: Age of Apocalypse movie.

I have a number of these as well so the book you receive may not look exactly like this one but it will still be a 9.6/9.8 book.

X-Men244NM.jpg

I'm a sucker for makin' money charity. I'll take the best copy you have :P

:takeit:

Jerome

2nd donated book:

X-Men244NM.jpg

I'm a sucker for makin' money charity. I'll take the best copy you have :P

:takeit:

Jerome

Thanks! Let Benjamin know how you're paying and show him the receipt. Also, PM your address to me and I'll get the book shipped out as soon as payment is verified. (thumbs u