• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Yes the Drek of the 90's eh..

So, as some of you already know, Valiant is getting into the Cinematic Universe, Starting with Bloodshot, in 2017.

Matthew Vaugn writing the movie, and The directors of John Wick..

This is for bloodshot only.. :makepoint:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/valiant-announces-film-universe-with-bloodshot-harbinger

They should sprinkle Orb industries around in the movie as well, with a subtle reference to spider aliens somehow, to set the stage for the arrival of X-O in a solo flick.

:cloud9: Someday I hope they do a full length movie. Solar, Dr. Manhattan, Captain Atom, I don't care which. I just think of all the superheroes their type is the most interesting. Gaining the powers of all creation? Yeah, tell me that story. :popcorn:

(had high hopes for Scarlett Johansson's Lucy, but it just fizzled out toward the end. Like Luc Besson wrote himself into a corner and lost interest or something :( Oh well. )

Will there be a disclaimer stating that no cows were hurt during the filming of this movie?

lol

Sony could do a "crossover" with Macho Man from the first Spider-man movie if they included a Slim Jim beef jerky reference. (thumbs u

So, I was reading that there are two difrent blood shots, which would adapt better on screen?

I don't know which one would work better on screen, but since this movie is going to be part of a five movie story (for lack of a better description) that leads into Harbinger Wars it is safe to assume that this is the current version of Bloodshot.

So, I was reading that there are two difrent blood shots, which would adapt better on screen?

I don't know which one would work better on screen, but since this movie is going to be part of a five movie story (for lack of a better description) that leads into Harbinger Wars it is safe to assume that this is the current version of Bloodshot.

Depends on what you mean by "two different bloodshots"...

In the 1990s, there were two different Bloodshot, one by Valiant (1992-1996), the other by Acclaim (1997-1998).

Since 2012, there has only been one Bloodshot, but he "lost his nanites" at the end of The Valiant miniseries, and the Bloodshot Reborn title is about Bloodshot without nanites (so far).

If the first movies are leading into a Harbinger Wars movie, then it's probably the 2012 version of Bloodshot.

(The 2012 version of Bloodshot is a relaunch of the 1992 version of Bloodshot first shown in Eternal Warrior #4 and Rai #0.)

In the 1990s, there were two different Bloodshot, one by Valiant (1992-1996), the other by Acclaim (1997-1998).

Since 2012, there has only been one Bloodshot, but he "lost his nanites" at the end of The Valiant miniseries, and the Bloodshot Reborn title is about Bloodshot without nanites (so far).

If the first movies are leading into a Harbinger Wars movie, then it's probably the 2012 version of Bloodshot.

(The 2012 version of Bloodshot is a relaunch of the 1992 version of Bloodshot first shown in Eternal Warrior #4 and Rai #0.)

That's intrseting to know. I was wondering if they were going with the story about Angelo Mortteli (May have spelled it wrong). But I thought that was an interesting story, something you don't really see in movies to much..

That's intrseting to know. I was wondering if they were going with the story about Angelo Mortteli (May have spelled it wrong). But I thought that was an interesting story, something you don't really see in movies to much..

I would expect Valiant to go with the Bloodshot we have been reading since 2012. I think them going back and using the 1992 character would just confuse readers if anything.

Well, look at the MCU and DCU, they mix stories up ya know.. (shrug)

I felt the first blood shot had a unique story..

I would expect Valiant to go with the Bloodshot we have been reading since 2012. I think them going back and using the 1992 character would just confuse readers if anything.

Edited by DEATHLOK9147

Valiant's Bloodshot Film To Take Cues From Robocop & Terminator

In a wide-ranging interview with ComicBook.com, Valiant Entertainment CEO/CCO Dinesh Shamdasani talked about 2015's year in comic books, but also looked forward to the future. A major next step in Valiant's future? Films.

As Valiant looks to build a film universe, they'll start with Bloodshot, Harbinger, and an eventual crossover between the two for Harbinger Wars. The individual feel of each of their comic books, with different subgenres and very personal stories, will be reflected in the films.

"One of the things that [editor-in-chief] Warren [simons] and [publisher] Fred [Pierce] and I talk about a lot is the fact that we don't make superhero comic books. We don't tell superhero stories. Our stories involve superheroes, but Ninjak is an espionage book. Bloodshot is a sci-fi action adventure," Shamdasani told us. "We're bringing that same point of view to the films."

"The Bloodshot film has more in common with Terminator and Robocop and Total Recall, than it does superhero fare," the CCO said. "[it has] a superhero at the center of it, but all of the other iconography, the tropes, the conventions the trappings of the film are in a different genre than I think people would expect from Bloodshot."