• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

He'll be what 52-53 when this comes out?

I agree with kimik, getting past his prime now. Must be other choices out there they could build a franchise around.

21 minutes ago, bane said:

I agree with kimik, getting past his prime now. Must be other choices out there they could build a franchise around.

something is better than nothing, someone decent is better than no one at all. I'll take it. heck if Bruce willis and Liam Neesom  can still be action stars Vin at 53 looks good to me

4 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

something is better than nothing, someone decent is better than no one at all. I'll take it. heck if Bruce willis and Liam Neesom  can still be action stars Vin at 53 looks good to me

Liam Neeson isn't walking around talking about family and wearing a vest. :baiting:

5 hours ago, bane said:

51 this year, so yes he will be 52 July 18th 2019.

Born:

July 18, 1967 in Alameda County, California, USA

Edited by The Brain
accuracy

22 hours ago, bane said:

Not for nothing, but Charles Bronson was 52 when he starred in Death Wish.

And 60 when he starred in Death Wish 2 (of 5).

On 3/10/2018 at 5:41 AM, Gatsby77 said:

Not for nothing, but Charles Bronson was 52 when he starred in Death Wish.

And 60 when he starred in Death Wish 2 (of 5).

And he looked 70 doing the first one...........

Vin Diesel is an okay name for Valiant, but unless they plan on killing him off at the end of this one I don't understand why they did not go with a younger actor in/entering their prime.

On 3/9/2018 at 8:46 AM, bane said:

Vin Diesel looks 42 though. Middle aged bald dudes for the most part look younger than their counterparts who don't do anything with their hair.

That's a trick a lot of middle-age men use. Shave head, and grow maybe facial hair.

Image result for bryan cranston hair and no hair

now Cranston with hair.

Image result for bryan cranston hair and no hair

Looks cooler bald.

Another example with JK Simmons.

Related image

Related image

More intimidating bald than a normal middle-aged look.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

57 minutes ago, kimik said:

And he looked 70 doing the first one...........

Vin Diesel is an okay name for Valiant, but unless they plan on killing him off at the end of this one I don't understand why they did not go with a younger actor in/entering their prime.

They are just probably just trying to get one Valiant movie made. Vin Diesel will get people interested just like Dwayne Johnson does. Diesel like Johnson is considered cool with the modern global mainstream crowd thanks to the Fast and Furious franchise.

They just need to get one made and will worry about all the other stuff later. 

:preach:

7 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

They are just probably just trying to get one Valiant movie made. Vin Diesel will get people interested just like Dwayne Johnson does. Diesel like Johnson is considered cool with the modern global mainstream crowd thanks to the Fast and Furious franchise.

They just need to get one made and will worry about all the other stuff later. 

:preach:

I bet you are right. Just getting this kicked off right is probably where the focus is right now. And I don't blame them.

Vin Diesel should be fine in this role. Though I think if they had picked him up during his Chronicles of Riddick days, it may have been better for longevity.

10 hours ago, sonicdan said:

More Bloodshot movie casting news. Looks like Toby Kebbell is playing Ax:

https://www.thewrap.com/toby-kebbell-vin-diesel-bloodshot/

I like Toby Kebbell. Fantastic Four wasn't his fault, and he was phenomenal in Black Mirror (think it was "The Entire History of You").

But even with the top-tier cast, I can't shake the feeling that audiences won't respond to Bloodshot's now-derivative premise (see the TV show "Jake 2.0" and last month's movie "Upgrade").

Granted, Upgrade was low-budget, but it's made a whopping $12 million at the box office.

On 6/27/2018 at 7:32 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I like Toby Kebbell. Fantastic Four wasn't his fault, and he was phenomenal in Black Mirror (think it was "The Entire History of You").

But even with the top-tier cast, I can't shake the feeling that audiences won't respond to Bloodshot's now-derivative premise (see the TV show "Jake 2.0" and last month's movie "Upgrade").

Granted, Upgrade was low-budget, but it's made a whopping $12 million at the box office.

Vin Diesel's name alone will make more than 12 million.

I look for it to be a surprise hit.

b0gold.jpg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur