• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, musicmeta said:
4 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

But man are those two covers (and Eternal Warrior 5) so cool.

Bloodshot_INtro.thumb.PNG.e12d8afe1a56f7c26624883635530106.PNG

Yes, they are.  Love the cover for EW4.  

It's really an interesting scenario because EW #5 could be seen as the Hulk #181 of the set.  There's Bloodshot (in view) on the cover.  The other two books have a few panels of Bloodshot inside and no Bloodshot (or only a silhouette) on the cover.  I doubt if EW #5 will ever be "the book", but it has a lot of room to grow and still be valued behind the other two.

Edited by valiantman

1 hour ago, valiantman said:

It's really an interesting scenario because EW #5 could be seen as the Hulk #181 of the set.  There's Bloodshot (in view) on the cover.  The other two books have a few panels of Bloodshot inside and no Bloodshot (or only a silhouette) on the cover.  I doubt if EW #5 will ever be "the book", but it has a lot of room to grow and still be valued behind the other two.

Yeah - I've never understood how Wizard was able to mass-hypnotize us to believe that w/ Valiant books, the end cameos were the first appearances, and thus more important than the first full appearances -- like, I dunno -- held / holds true for 99% of characters from other companies.

Rai 0 was important in its own right -- and an instant sell-out. My LCS got something like 40% of what they ordered, and fewer total copies than they'd been given of Unity 0. It never even made it out to the shelves, as they barely had enough copies to cover subscriber pre-orders.

But for all of the story's importance to the Valiant Universe as a whole, I don't recall Bloodshot having particular prominence in it. EW # 5 *deserves* to be the money book for Bloodshot, despite its weaker cover than either EW 4 or Rai 0, and the fact that Rai 0 had Bloodshot on the cover.

That said, Solar 10/11 is even more egregious, as 11 deserves to be called as first full EW. Granted, again, here -- EW appears on the cover of Solar 10, but is hard to see given the black cover.

Rarity-wise? Absolutely. I'd take a CGC 9.8 Solar 10 over a CGC 9.8 Harbinger 1 any day of the week.

But while Solar 10 deserves to be valuable for its cover & high-grade rarity, Solar 11 should be a much heavier hitter as the first full EW.

3 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Still no trailer for this?

The first trailer is supposed to be released in front of Terminator: Dark Fate (early maybe Oct 25th/26th or full release on Nov. 1st).

Edited by valiantman

4 hours ago, Hollywood1892 said:

What would you consider a fair price right now?

Depends

Rai 0 ungraded mint about $30.

CGC 9.8 Rai 0  depends on if it`s the glossy or matte version, so maybe between $150 to $500?

Still time to get in on these.

If that trailer looks real good expect a high pop in prices.

This is a very important movie for Valiant collectors. If it`s a hit it could put Valiant on the mainstream map and a bunch of Valiant keys could get their just do.

So I hope that Bloodshot trailer looks good.

:wishluck:

5 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Depends

CGC 9.8 Rai 0  depends on if it`s the glossy or matte version, so maybe between $150 to $500?

This is a very important movie for Valiant collectors. If it`s a hit it could put Valiant on the mainstream map and a bunch of Valiant keys could get their just do.

I have 1 at 9.8 I paid $200 CDN 

And a Jim Shooter autographed raw I picked up at a show a few months back

51 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Depends

Yes,  and not like the Inhumans trash that was on TV because they rushed it and did it cheap with no thought for the future.  This movie is "critical" to be a good movie for Valiant to get more movies made.

23 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I like the use of the old Johnny Cash song in the regular trailer, but overall, I think this International trailer is the better version.

Agree! Which is why I posted this one as a YouTube video.

Interesting concept. The challenge is now it needs to distinguish itself from a few films and TV shows with someone being controlled by a twisted authority (including Universal Soldier that came out the same year Bloodshot was introduced: 1992). I have faith so far it will. :wishluck:

15 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Interesting concept. The challenge is now it needs to distinguish itself from a few films and TV shows with someone being controlled by a twisted authority (including Universal Soldier that came out the same year Bloodshot was introduced: 1992). I have faith so far it will. :wishluck:

If there's no problem with Fast and the Furious 37 being a little too much like Fast and the Furious 36, then I don't think this movie will be too close to anything else.  :grin:

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

I want the Valiant universe to succeed on film.  I really do and you and I have talked Valiant before years ago.  Bloodshot is definitely the “safe” choice to introduce the world to Valiant but I wonder if it is the best choice.  Will general audience goers be able to see what is so special about him or like you said will the movie fail to be seen as just another shoot em up Bourne Identity?

XO would be seen as an Iron Man rip off even though he is so much more.

Harbinger would be seen as a derivative to the X-Men but That might not be such a bad thing since the X-Men movies were a bit to be desired in the end.

I cannot help but think whether the eternal lawyer (Or warrior) or shadow man might’ve been a better choice.  They are definitely riskier but they present something that we have not seen in a while.

Edited by Buzzetta
Sometimes the Eternal Warrior... other times the Eternal Lawyer. Either way, one will save the Earth.