• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Just now, Buzzetta said:

I cannot help but think whether the eternal lawyer or shadow man might’ve been a better choice.  They are definitely riskier but they present something that we have not seen in a while.

I'm sure you'll correct the typo, but I caught it in time. lol

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I cannot help but think whether the eternal lawyer (Or warrior) or shadow man might’ve been a better choice.  They are definitely riskier but they present something that we have not seen in a while.

This.

I've been with Bloodshot since the beginning (well, Eternal Warrior 4/Rai 0 through the first few issues of the 2012 series).

And the trailer killed my enthusiasm for this.

The YouTube comments so far on the main trailer are really telling. Two major categories are:

1) Folks noting how the trailer showed so much that it's a "wait 'til Redbox;" (specifically the "kill list" twist; and

2) Noting how derivative it looks of recent films, including:

• Robocop remake (2014)
  • Upgrade (2018)
  • Hobbs & Shaw (2019) (specifically, Idris Elba's character -- not just the Fast/Furious Diesel tie)

Not good.

If I'd speculated on additional copies of Rai 0, I'd be putting them on the 'bay tonight.

15 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

This.

I've been with Bloodshot since the beginning (well, Eternal Warrior 4/Rai 0 through the first few issues of the 2012 series).

And the trailer killed my enthusiasm for this.

The YouTube comments so far on the main trailer are really telling. Two major categories are:

1) Folks noting how the trailer showed so much that it's a "wait 'til Redbox;" (specifically the "kill list" twist; and

2) Noting how derivative it looks of recent films, including:

• Robocop remake (2014)
  • Upgrade (2018)
  • Hobbs & Shaw (2019) (specifically, Idris Elba's character -- not just the Fast/Furious Diesel tie)

Not good.

If I'd speculated on additional copies of Rai 0, I'd be putting them on the 'bay tonight.

YouTube comments (for anything, especially anything pop culture) are basically the same thing as asking a 12-year-old boy what he thinks of his parents.  :foryou:

The better metric is probably the percentage of "thumbs down" vs. "thumbs up" on the YouTube trailer itself.  Currently, Bloodshot is at 2% thumbs down.  The first Hobbs & Shaw trailer is at 4% thumbs down.  Even the first Joker trailer is at 5% thumbs down.  It's unlikely that Bloodshot will need much at the box office (as Joker) to be a financial success, though it will certainly need more than Upgrade... but anyone comparing Bloodshot to Upgrade is an outlier because the box office indicates that no one saw Upgrade. lol

Robocop 2014 made $240,000,000 worldwide, Hobbs & Shaw made $760,000,000 worldwide. The YouTube comments on Hobbs & Shaw are the same, and they didn't hurt the box office at all.  My guess is that Sony would be pretty happy just anywhere near Robocop.

Edited by valiantman

Since when is Bloodshot a best selling comic as they state in the trailer? :whistle: 

I have to agree with the posters that said it gives too much away. I guess they figured they need to do this since the character is not as well known?

Edited by kimik

37 minutes ago, valiantman said:

YouTube comments (for anything, especially anything pop culture) are basically the same thing as asking a 12-year-old boy what he thinks of his parents.  :foryou:

The better metric is probably the percentage of "thumbs down" vs. "thumbs up" on the YouTube trailer itself.  Currently, Bloodshot is at 2% thumbs down.  The first Hobbs & Shaw trailer is at 4% thumbs down.  Even the first Joker trailer is at 5% thumbs down.  It's unlikely that Bloodshot will need much at the box office (as Joker) to be a financial success, though it will certainly need more than Upgrade... but anyone comparing Bloodshot to Upgrade is an outlier because the box office indicates that no one saw Upgrade. lol

Robocop 2014 made $240,000,000 worldwide, Hobbs & Shaw made $760,000,000 worldwide. The YouTube comments on Hobbs & Shaw are the same, and they didn't hurt the box office at all.  My guess is that Sony would be pretty happy just anywhere near Robocop.

Maybe so, but they're still a decent gauge of first impressions among the general public.

And it's telling that most of the trailer uploads on YouTube now have restricted comments.

I don't know what this cost to make, but I'd say a better comp than Robocop is probably XXX 3.

• Budget: $85 million
  • Release: 3,600 screens domestic
  • Domestic: $45 million
  • Worldwide total: $347 million

Something like that would be enough in and of itself, but not enough to launch a franchise, let alone the type of numbers needed to both launch Valiant into the mainstream.

Maybe Paramount will do something better w/ Harbinger.

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

Since when is Bloodshot a best selling comic as they state in the trailer? :whistle: 

That too.

i doubt any issue came close to the 600,000 copy print run of Bloodshot # 1 back in 1992, and even then we know Superman 75 outsold it by a factor of 5-6x that month.

Have any of the VEI issues broken even 40,000?

The first 12 hours since the trailer was released:
1,450,000+ views (Sony/YouTube) - likes/dislikes 98% likes
990,000+ views KinoCheck/YouTube - 97% likes
450,000+ views IGN/YouTube - 97% likes

- roughly 3,000,000 views from the top 3 YouTube sources.

Edited by valiantman

15 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I’m really seeing more of a Boune Identity vibe. 

Between the Boune Identity and Eternal Lawyer, I want you to go to the doctor right now. You are having a seizure.

:baiting:

If the next thing you note is 'UPS Soldier' I'm calling for you.

:insane:

29 minutes ago, kimik said:

I have to agree with the posters that said it gives too much away. I guess they figured they need to do this since the character is not as well known?

It doesn't say Bloodshot "outsold every other comic", it says "best-selling comic" which, it clearly has been, for non-Marvel/non-DC.  Valiant is never going to be Marvel or DC, but Bloodshot did outsell everything but the Death of Superman in the most famous release day of comic book history. :grin:

I seriously doubt that the trailer gives away too much.  That's the whole point of Bloodshot... we have hundreds of issues of the title and we're still not sure what we know "is sure" about him. hm

Edited by valiantman

8 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It doesn't say Bloodshot "outsold Superman", it says "best-selling comic" which, it clearly has been, for non-Marvel/non-DC.  Valiant is never going to be Marvel or DC, but Bloodshot did outsell everything but the Death of Superman.

I seriously doubt that it gives away too much.  That's the whole point of Bloodshot... we have hundreds of issues of the title and we're still not sure what we know "is sure" about him.

I was curious, so I checked.

The month of release, the original Bloodshot # 1 ranked # 30 on Diamond's top 100 comics chart. Still was an instant (48 hour sell-out) at my LCS, even with a "limit 1 per customer" restriction, and was selling for $8 within a week; $12 within a month.

Hard to call it "best-selling" by any stretch, even though that issue, with the amazing BWS cover, was probably the high-water mark for the character.

November 1992 Diamond Previews Top 100.PNG

3 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:
14 minutes ago, valiantman said:

It doesn't say Bloodshot "outsold Superman", it says "best-selling comic" which, it clearly has been, for non-Marvel/non-DC.  Valiant is never going to be Marvel or DC, but Bloodshot did outsell everything but the Death of Superman.

I seriously doubt that it gives away too much.  That's the whole point of Bloodshot... we have hundreds of issues of the title and we're still not sure what we know "is sure" about him.

I was curious, so I checked.

The month of release, the original Bloodshot # 1 ranked # 30 on Diamond's top 100 comics chart. Still was an instant (48 hour sell-out) at my LCS, even with a "limit 1 per customer" restriction, and was selling for $8 within a week; $12 within a month.

Hard to call it "best-selling" by any stretch, even though that issue, with the amazing BWS cover, was probably the high-water mark for the character.

November 1992 Diamond Previews Top 100.PNG

Yeah, I'm confusing Bloodshot #1 with Turok #1, which was only behind Superman in its release month... but that famous day Superman #75 was released was the same day Bloodshot #1 also sold out for retailers... not too shabby for an unknown character.

Edited by valiantman

25 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Between the Boune Identity and Eternal Lawyer, I want you to go to the doctor right now. You are having a seizure.

:baiting:

If the next thing you note is 'UPS Soldier' I'm calling for you.

:insane:

My participation on these boards these days is basically relegated to my phone.  Work is dark and full of terrors.   I’m in a meeting right now. 

😔 

Edited by Buzzetta

15 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Image result for scary boston terrier

Just made the train... so that means there are no seats so you sit on the floor like I am as well as the woman in front of me... 

or you can get bounced about as this express barrels through out East on the island. 

3,905 days to go. 

image.jpg

Edited by Buzzetta