• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
6 hours ago, valiantman said:

Bloodshot rolling out to (U.S.) online purchases for $19.99 today.  I'll watch it tonight.  I just checked and fandangonow.com has "HOME" promo code for 20% off (save $4).

Watching it now!

Best of wishes gentlemen! Get the popcorn :popcorn:

Watched it last night - as a fan, it is still hard to believe that a "dead independent publisher" from 20 years ago has a full-budget movie with a well-known star.  Some of the special effects are great, particularly since they didn't spend Marvel/Matrix levels of money to make it.

Having it digital means I had a chance to pause anytime I wanted, so there are clues/hints in various places as well as Easter Eggs for Valiant fans.

Fun stuff! :golfclap:

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Watched it last night - as a fan, it is still hard to believe that a "dead independent publisher" from 20 years ago has a full-budget movie with a well-known star.  Some of the special effects are great, particularly since they didn't spend Marvel/Matrix levels of money to make it.

Having it digital means I had a chance to pause anytime I wanted, so there are clues/hints in various places as well as Easter Eggs for Valiant fans.

Fun stuff! :golfclap:

Cool! Also wondering how @Wolverinex enjoyed it :) 

I wasn't aware of the Easter eggs, but a decent movie overall, and I'm glad they made it possible for viewing!

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Cool! Also wondering how @Wolverinex enjoyed it :) 

I wasn't aware of the Easter eggs, but a decent movie overall, and I'm glad they made it possible for viewing!

Obvious Easter Eggs were:

Spoiler

The blue/green Mustang convertible driven at the beginning of the movie comes right off the cover of Harbinger #1 (1992).

The map of previous RST employee targets (already killed) includes Dinesh Shamdasani (former Valiant CEO), Kevin VanHook (Bloodshot creator) and Don Perlin (Bloodshot creator).

Bloodshot_movie_name_drops.thumb.png.5d386cfccb79a926f9961b9e78bed7b9.png

Edited by valiantman

1 minute ago, valiantman said:

Obvious Easter Eggs were:

Hide contents

The blue/green Mustang convertible driven at the beginning of the movie comes right off the cover of Harbinger #1 (1992).

The map of previous targets (already killed) includes Dinesh Shamdasani (former Valiant CEO), Kevin VanHook (Bloodshot creator) and Don Perlin (Bloodshot creator).

Bloodshot_movie_name_drops.thumb.png.5d386cfccb79a926f9961b9e78bed7b9.png

Spoiler

awesome! I have a sketch of Moon Knight, I didn't know that creator had other works :) Thanks for letting me know :headbang: Although I did notice the name when watching, I didn't get the relation lol 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
  Reveal hidden contents

awesome! I have a sketch of Moon Knight, I didn't know that creator had other works :) Thanks for letting me know :headbang: Although I did notice the name when watching, I didn't get the relation lol 

I don't think this is a spoiler in any way, so I won't put the spoiler wrapper on this sentence:

Don Perlin worked on several early Valiant books. 

(thumbsu

5 minutes ago, valiantman said:

I don't think this is a spoiler in any way, so I won't put the spoiler wrapper on this sentence:

Don Perlin worked on several early Valiant books. 

(thumbsu

it's worth mentioning my sketch of Moon Knight was DONE by Don Perlin, when the opportunity came up I did a google search of potential characters lol , and for some reason the only one I remembered seeing was the Moon Knight mention but good to know!

2 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

it's worth mentioning my sketch of Moon Knight was DONE by Don Perlin, when the opportunity came up I did a google search of potential characters lol , and for some reason the only one I remembered seeing was the Moon Knight mention but good to know!

If you see Don Perlin in the future, have him sign a Solar #10 (solid black cover) with a bright pen (silver/gold). :foryou:

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I really like how they blended in comic art transitioning to the live production.

They also ran a fan contest for art that was used for official posters, ads, and packaging. (thumbsu

5 hours ago, Wolverinex said:
6 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

That's it! I'm purchasing Bloodshot this week. Time for some Valiant cinema fun!

Let us know!  Go in with an open mind... it is just a fun popcorn flick...  I'm happy they made it :D 

Right, it's just a fun popcorn flick.  Don't be expecting The Godfather...

(unless you're wanting scenes like Sonny at the toll booth.)