• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ Was Never Going To Start A Valiant Cinematic Universe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/04/01/box-office-bomb-bloodshot-vin-diesel-valiant-dc-marvel-cinematic-universe/#7e0f00b764ab

Maybe he did but it would have been more impressive if he had written "Is" in the title and the dateline was 6 months ago

2 hours ago, paperheart said:

Vin Diesel’s ‘Bloodshot’ Was Never Going To Start A Valiant Cinematic Universe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2020/04/01/box-office-bomb-bloodshot-vin-diesel-valiant-dc-marvel-cinematic-universe/#7e0f00b764ab

Maybe he did but it would have been more impressive if he had written "Is" in the title and the dateline was 6 months ago

Exactly.

Two weeks before release, he was saying that it would get a sequel (and potentially kickstart a Valiant Cinematic Universe) if it pulled in just $120 million worldwide.

I made it about halfway through Bloodshot. I might try to finish it one day. Eye rolling moments like when he meets the team and they introduce the SEAL on a treadmill and he just throws out there, “I was on the Bin Laden raid.” When no one asked. 
Of course I can’t stand Vin Diesel in any role other than his Riddick character which he pulls off nicely. 

30 minutes ago, Grails said:

I made it about halfway through Bloodshot. I might try to finish it one day. Eye rolling moments like when he meets the team and they introduce the SEAL on a treadmill and he just throws out there, “I was on the Bin Laden raid.” When no one asked. 
Of course I can’t stand Vin Diesel in any role other than his Riddick character which he pulls off nicely. 

The guy gets a response back to that comment along the lines of 'Doesn't every SEAL say this now?' (:

13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The guy gets a response back to that comment along the lines of 'Doesn't every SEAL say this now?' (:

Yup, and that was a good response to the forced set up. I’ve always liked:

How do you know if a SEAL is in the room?

He’ll tell you.

I saw this in the theater.  Sounds like that's going to be a rare thing.  I made it to Bloodshot and The Hunt the last weekend my theaters were open. 

I know nothing of the Bloodshot comic.  This movie was fine.  The effects were good, but even a few weeks out, there's not much that stuck with me.  Very forgettable for me.

So I have watched Bloodshot twice now after purchasing it. Although not a film you would rewatch often, it's not as bad as people want to make it out to be.

If anything, it was more Vin Diesel in an action film mixed with the teases of the wider Valiant Universe. Though I wish they had gone further wit the storyline. Still, the actors they chose and characters they introduced were fun.

I still haven't found it anywhere for under $20. Presume the DVD's still on-track for release in two weeks?

I mean, Bad Boys For Life is now available via Redbox; surely Bloodshot can't be far behind...

Finally saw this last night, via a sub-$2.00 Redbox rental.

Thoroughly mediocre, about equivalent to the 2014 Robocop reboot.

And that saddens me - as someone who bought Rai 0 on the day of release and re-read Bloodshot 1 maybe 5x as a teen.

Hell - I even own Mike Zeck's original cover art to Bloodshot: The Last Stand.

Honestly, the most exciting thing about finally seeing a Valiant comic get real movie treatment was seeing Dinesh's name in the production credits.

Also - not sure I understood the ending:

Spoiler

His nanite power went to zero, he committed suicide via grenade, and then was awakened by Wigans...presumably due to a blood transfusion from the vial of plasma he'd given him earlier - for to reverse engineer and produce more?

How did he survive the grenade blast? Was it because (as I think was implied) he pulled some sort of Matrix / Limitless thing where he was now fully merged with the nanites and they no longer needed to be powered / recharged - that they were now totally integral to him?

Overall?

Worth the two hours if you've got 'em, but I'd recommend Vin Diesel's early film A Man Apart, the 2012 Dredd film, or even Hemsworth's new Extraction over this one.

Edited by Gatsby77

On 5/6/2020 at 3:42 PM, Gatsby77 said:

Finally saw this last night, via a sub-$2.00 Redbox rental.

Thoroughly mediocre, about equivalent to the 2014 Robocop reboot.

And that saddens me - as someone who bought Rai 0 on the day of release and re-read Bloodshot 1 maybe 5x as a teen.

Hell - I even own Mike Zeck's original cover art to Bloodshot: The Last Stand.

Honestly, the most exciting thing about finally seeing a Valiant comic get real movie treatment was seeing Dinesh's name in the production credits.

Also - not sure I understood the ending:

Reveal hidden contents

His nanite power went to zero, he committed suicide via grenade, and then was awakened by Wigans...presumably due to a blood transfusion from the vial of plasma he'd given him earlier - for to reverse engineer and produce more?

How did he survive the grenade blast? Was it because (as I think was implied) he pulled some sort of Matrix / Limitless thing where he was now fully merged with the nanites and they no longer needed to be powered / recharged - that they were now totally integral to him?

Overall?

Worth the two hours if you've got 'em, but I'd recommend Vin Diesel's early film A Man Apart, the 2012 Dredd film, or even Hemsworth's new Extraction over this one.

Seriously - anybody whose seen this who can explain the ending for me? And how Bloodshot didn't die?

I watched the movie today on the television 

About halfway through I had a mexican standoff with my Wife over a tube of pringles

I had the pringles, she had the tv remote...I finally handed over the pringles and we were able to watch the rest of the movie

I know he is type cast, but I thought the movie was good...

8 hours ago, Gatsby77 said:

Seriously - anybody whose seen this who can explain the ending for me? And how Bloodshot didn't die?

There are clues throughout the movie that (as Wigans says to Bloodshot), "sometimes what you think is real... ain't".  He might as well be talking to the audience. :grin:

The movie has a Total Recall vibe, once you realize that it can be "fan theoried" quite a bit.  Not sure if any of it is fact, or if it's supposed to have an answer.  Bloodshot never knows for sure, why would we? lol

For example: If you watch the whole movie with the idea that Eric (the tech guy that gets made fun of) is actually the mastermind pulling the strings... there are clues it's true. hm