• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Valiant's Bloodshot Film Reportedly Lands A Director

bloodshot-movie-pic-236423.jpg

During Valiant’s panel, screenwriter Eric Heisserer and Dinesha Shamdasani said Bloodshot has tapped a director. Dave Wilson is reportedly set to make his feature-length directorial debut with Bloodshot. As the head of Valiant Entertainment, Shamdasani stressed a release date for Bloodshot would be in flux until further progress was made on the film. If things go as planned, the executive said a more concrete date could be announced as soon as this summer.

If you are not familiar with Wilson’s work, then you likely have not paired his name with his numerous projects. As a visual effects visionary, Wilson has worked on films like Avengers: Age of Ultron with Blur Studios.The artist has since started to explore directing in the video game industry as Wilson has helmed several promotional trailers. Games like BioShock Infinite, Star Wars: The Old Republic, and Mass Effect 2 have all been touched by his work. And, most recently, the visual effects overseers worked with director Tim Miller to help bring Deadpool to life for the mutant’s solo film.

Sony and Valiant's Bloodshot Shortlist Is Packed With Hollywood A-Listers

TheWrap claims that Sony's list has eight names on it, and five of them -- Mark Wahlberg, James McAvoy, Oscar Isaac, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Nicholas Hoult -- have been leaked to give a sense for what Sony might be looking for.

While rumor stories of this nature are always a crapshoot, Valiant rumors often get soft confirmation by Valiant CEO Dinesh Shamdasani, who is prone to sharing them on social media. Shamdasani retweeted TheWrap's story.

The story stressed, "that the actors are on the wish list doesn’t necessarily mean Sony is in talks with them," and no one involved with the story officially commented for the piece.

Three of the five named actors are part of Fox's X-Men film universe, and the other two have been evasive in the past about their interest in working on superhero projects.

Of course, Bloodshot isn't a traditional superhero film.

“The Bloodshot film has more in common with Terminator and Robocop and Total Recall, than it does superhero fare," Shamdasani recently said. "[It has] a superhero at the center of it, but all of the other iconography, the tropes, the conventions the trappings of the film are in a different genre than I think people would expect from Bloodshot."

Vin Diesel in Talks to Star in Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’ Movie (Exclusive)

Vin-Diesel_Blooshot.png

Vin Diesel is in talks to star in Sony’s “Bloodshot” movie based on the Valiant comic, TheWrap has learned.

Sony revealed it would be moving forward with its five-film shared universe plan for joint franchises based on the Valiant comic books “Harbinger” and “Bloodshot.”

“Bloodshot” will be a return to Diesel’s roots — he launched to international fame as a hard-hitting action star in “xXx” and “Pitch Black” before locking into “The Fast and the Furious” series. Diesel was also 2017’s top-grossing actor at the box office. According to Forbes, Diesel topped the list with $1.6 billion in global ticketing receipts, thanks to the success of “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage” and “Fate of the Furious.”

Diesel is now locking down a superhero franchise to call his own — one that Sony is targeting as a hard-R, big-budget tentpole for 2019.

:whatthe:

Edited by Bosco685

It's been a few decades, but I was always under the impression that Angelo Mortalli wasn't white.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'd much rather see a person of color (i.e., Oscar Isaac, Vin Diesel) in the role than someone like McAvoy or Walhberg (or the aforementioned Jared Leto).

Even if he's just Italian American, that gives him more color (literally and figuratively) than a generic white actor.

Also seems more fundamental to the character than say...Deadshot (who is white in the comics) being played by Will Smith.

That's really incredible when you think about it.

Here's Valiant in the comic industry:

Marvel 34.29%

DC 33.71%

Image 8.07%

IDW 4.04%

Dynamite 2.20%

Dark Horse 2.08%

Boom 2.06%

Viz 1.34%

Titan 1.31%

Oni 1.23%

Random House 0.87%

Valiant 0.73%

... and here's Vin Diesel in terms of box office results:

Rank Name Worldwide
Box Office
Movies Average
1 Johnny Depp $9,550,460,472 46 $207,618,706
2 Tom Hanks $9,444,156,573 46 $205,307,752
3 Robert Downey, Jr. $9,318,396,985 40 $232,959,925
4 Emma Watson $9,092,218,924 14 $649,444,209
5 Scarlett Johansson $8,759,025,162 24 $364,959,382
6 Tom Cruise $8,631,610,627 38 $227,147,648
7 Daniel Radcliffe $8,231,732,124 18 $457,318,451
8 Rupert Grint $7,741,371,659 13 $595,490,128
9 Samuel L. Jackson $7,663,039,669 53 $144,585,654
10 Vin Diesel $7,610,015,899 17 $447,647,994

(lower on the list you'll find Harrison Ford, The Rock, Leo DiCaprio, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Ah-nold, Keanu, Ryan Reynolds...)

So, a comic company under 1% market share got a Top 10 star for Bloodshot?

Ummm, ok.  I guess that works. :kidaround:

51 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

It's been a few decades, but I was always under the impression that Angelo Mortalli wasn't white.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I'd much rather see a person of color (i.e., Oscar Isaac, Vin Diesel) in the role than someone like McAvoy or Walhberg (or the aforementioned Jared Leto).

Even if he's just Italian American, that gives him more color (literally and figuratively) than a generic white actor.

Also seems more fundamental to the character than say...Deadshot (who is white in the comics) being played by Will Smith.

Current Valiant stories for Bloodshot are for Ray Garrison, not for Angelo Mortalli.  The "mafia hit" stories were left in the 1990s.  Ray Garrison is the latest in a line of nearly-dead soldiers wounded in battle who have been revived by military research into healing blood/nanites.  Every ethnicity has spot in the Bloodshot lineage since World War I.

Not sure I am fan of this. I think Vin Diesel is about a decade (if not more) past his prime now as far as an action film lead. They need to go with someone younger that can be there for multiple films across the VCU for a longer period of time. As much as I like the Riddick movies, you could see his age starting to show in the last one.

On 1/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, valiantman said:

That's really incredible when you think about it.

Here's Valiant in the comic industry:

Marvel 34.29%

DC 33.71%

Image 8.07%

IDW 4.04%

Dynamite 2.20%

Dark Horse 2.08%

Boom 2.06%

Viz 1.34%

Titan 1.31%

Oni 1.23%

Random House 0.87%

Valiant 0.73%

... and here's Vin Diesel in terms of box office results:

Rank Name Worldwide
Box Office
Movies Average
1 Johnny Depp $9,550,460,472 46 $207,618,706
2 Tom Hanks $9,444,156,573 46 $205,307,752
3 Robert Downey, Jr. $9,318,396,985 40 $232,959,925
4 Emma Watson $9,092,218,924 14 $649,444,209
5 Scarlett Johansson $8,759,025,162 24 $364,959,382
6 Tom Cruise $8,631,610,627 38 $227,147,648
7 Daniel Radcliffe $8,231,732,124 18 $457,318,451
8 Rupert Grint $7,741,371,659 13 $595,490,128
9 Samuel L. Jackson $7,663,039,669 53 $144,585,654
10 Vin Diesel $7,610,015,899 17 $447,647,994

(lower on the list you'll find Harrison Ford, The Rock, Leo DiCaprio, Will Smith, Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Ah-nold, Keanu, Ryan Reynolds...)

So, a comic company under 1% market share got a Top 10 star for Bloodshot?

Ummm, ok.  I guess that works. :kidaround:

This puts Valiant on the map with mainstream if true. All they needed was a big time action actor like Vin Diesel.

I could see Bloodshot rivaling Deadpool in popularity if done right. Visually he is Valiant's coolest looking character.

Bad arse.

Vin Diesel’s Bloodshot Movie May Start Filming This Summer

Vin-Diesel-Bloodshot-Fan-Art.jpg?q=50&w=

Sony’s Bloodshot movie starring Vin Diesel may go before cameras as early as this summer. Diesel’s interest in the comic book movie project was first reported in January. Last July, Jared Leto reportedly entered talks about taking on the role, but that clearly didn’t happen. An even earlier wish list of potential Bloodshot leads included Oscar Isaac, Jake Gyllenhaal and Mark Wahlberg.

Omega Underground reports that Bloodshot may in fact go before cameras as soon as this summer. Blur Studios’ Dave Wilson reportedly will take the director’s chair for the movie, which will film in Budapest, Hungary and Cape Town, South Africa.

Vin Diesel’s upcoming schedule also includes Fast & Furious 9. But with that movie getting delayed in favor of Dwayne Johnson’s Fast & Furious spinoff, Diesel has a window where he can work on Bloodshot. Diesel of course already has a role in a major comic book movie franchise, playing the voice of Groot in Guardians of the Galaxy. The actor also voices Groot in this year’s Avengers: Infinity War. Diesel clearly believes you can never have enough franchises to your name. Of course, with Bloodshot he’ll find himself on the ground floor of a totally new franchise. And one that lacks the big name recognition of the Marvel titles.