• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

The *only* reason Netflix released both The Irishman and Marriage Story into theaters *at all* was so they would each qualify for the Oscars.

Both were intended as primarily streaming releases.

That was my understanding as well. 

Didn't Netflix buy that one theater for the same reason -- to get it's movies qualified for the Oscars?

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

'No shi**t'? By the way, you spelled it wrong. :insane:

You made it sound like they pulled it early versus planned primarily for streaming first.

??

What are you talking about??

I responded to this: Marriage Story was released just wide enough to qualify for Academy Awards before going to Netflix.  by noting that The Irishman was as well.

Nothing in either GeeksAreMyPeeps note about Marriage Story or mine about The Irishman implies that either was pulled early from theaters.

Rather, we both noted they were planned primarily for streaming and thus given only token theatrical releases.

Edited by Gatsby77

2 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

??

What are you talking about??

I responded to this: Marriage Story was released just wide enough to qualify for Academy Awards before going to Netflix.  by noting that The Irishman was as well.

Nothing in either GeeksAreMyPeeps note about Marriage Story or mine about The Irishman implies that either was pulled early from theaters.

Rather, we both noted they were planned primarily for streaming and thus given only token theatrical releases.

You had pointed The Irishman was another one fitting the thought process Geeks had shared. I was sharing it is a different release plan with that film. But you had to post 'No sh**t'.

What - no 'X**X' words now to demonstrate your cheery disposition? I'm disappointed. Maybe. Just maybe. You could have responded politely with something contributing to continued dialogue versus degrading quips.

14 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Some of that has been going on already. Marriage Story was released just wide enough to qualify for Academy Awards before going to Netflix. (That's just one example; I'm sure there are more, but this probably doesn't happen much with action or sci-fi movies that work better on a big screen)

So, moving on...

It's a fair point on this becoming the norm for some films going forward. Which I bet is why when The Hollywood Reporter did that studio leads round-table and the Netflix lead was asked how they measure success a few were taking notes.

Netflix will release 10 fall films in theaters, well ahead of their streaming debuts

After months-long negotiations between Netflix and major theater chains, Martin Scorsese’s The Irishman, starring Robert De Niro and Al Pacino, will get a November 1st theatrical debut before coming to Netflix on November 27th.

The film is just one of the latest to highlight the ongoing struggle between Netflix and the traditional film industry, as theater chains like AMC and Regal insist on a 90-day period of exclusivity before movies go to home streaming services. Theaters, which want to attract audiences for as long as possible before they have the option to stream movies at home, are at odds with services like Netflix, which prioritizes using its new content to keep and attract new subscribers.

Here’s a full list of Netflix’s upcoming theatrical film releases:

The Laundromat
Sept. 27th (theatrical), Oct. 18th (Netflix)

Dolemite Is My Name
Oct. 4th (theatrical); Oct. 25th (Netflix)

The King
Oct. 11th (theatrical); Nov. 1st (Netflix)

The Irishman
Nov. 1st (theatrical); Nov. 27th (Netflix)

Earthquake Bird
Nov. 1st (theatrical); Nov. 15th (Netflix)

Marriage Story
Nov. 6th (theatrical); Dec. 6th (Netflix)

Klaus
Nov. 8th (theatrical); Nov. 15th (Netflix)

I Lost My Body
Nov. 15th (theatrical); Nov. 29th (Netflix)

Atlantics
Nov. 15th (theatrical); Nov. 29th (Netflix)

The Two Popes
Nov. 27th (theatrical); Dec. 20th (Netflix)

It looks like it could be slightly more normal for Netflix going forward with select films.

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

You had pointed The Irishman was another one fitting the thought process Geeks had shared. I was sharing it is a different release plan with that film. But you had to post 'No sh**t'.

What - no 'X**X' words now to demonstrate your cheery disposition? I'm disappointed. Maybe. Just maybe. You could have responded politely with something contributing to continued dialogue versus degrading quips.

Pop quiz:

How many theaters was The Irishman released in domestically?

How many theaters was Marriage Story released in domestically?

It was the same release plan for both - a few token theaters to qualify for the Oscars, before movie them to streaming almost instantly.

My contribution was directly on-point with no ill intent.

21 minutes ago, Gatsby77 said:

Pop quiz:

How many theaters was The Irishman released in domestically?

How many theaters was Marriage Story released in domestically?

It was the same release plan for both - a few token theaters to qualify for the Oscars, before movie them to streaming almost instantly.

My contribution was directly on-point with no ill intent.

You mean other than the classy response 'No sh**t'? Yeah. No ill intent. Just being idiotic.

Meanwhile, Netflix produced the films to be streaming primary, theater minor. Normal film cycles are theater primary, streaming/home release afterwards.

Your contributions made no logical recognition to the difference.

15 minutes ago, Grails said:

Bloodshot releases for home on Tuesday? Cool, will have to check it out.

Birds of Prey and Bloodshot on 3/24 will go straight to digital

They planned it for my birthday. Though Bloodshot is what I would want to see first-time now. Birds of Prey was a one-time nice-to-see.

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

WGTC first published this.

Then they published this.

Vin Diesel’s Bloodshot became the latest movie to fall victim to the Coronavirus pandemic, with the comic book adaptation failing to hit a $10 million domestic opening weekend. Even though the movie cost a modest $42 million to produce, the closure of cinemas around the world made it virtually impossible for the flick to turn a profit, so Sony instead decided to make it available for digital download after just two weeks in theaters.

While it may recoup some of the box office losses, Bloodshot might still end up costing the studio money, which has already thrown plans for the proposed Valiant Comics cinematic universe into disarray. In 2015, China-based DMG Entertainment signed a nine-figure deal to turn their properties into an interconnected set of movies and TV shows, and it looks like Bloodshot may have already rendered the experiment a bust, like many a failed cinematic universe before it.

However, we’ve now heard from our sources – the same ones who told us Han would return to the Fast & Furious franchise, and that John Cena is playing Vin Diesel’s brother in F9 – that the Valiant franchise isn’t quite dead just yet. From what we understand, Bloodshot is set to wiped from continuity completely, with Paramount planning to acquire the rights to the character from Sony and start fresh, perhaps even without Diesel’s involvement, as we reported on yesterday.

Whether the actor remains on board or not, though, the studio wants to take a stab at building the mythology, with titles like Harbinger, Faith and X-O Manowar (which Paramount already own the rights to) set for the live-action treatment as well. Vin Diesel probably isn’t going to be too happy about the news, but Bloodshot already seems like it will be completely forgotten about by the time the Coronavirus crisis is over and besides, there’s still a chance they can keep him on board for the reboot. Apparently, though, most studio execs are in favor of drafting in a younger actor for the role.

Just in case you missed it Gatsby in your quest to prove the entire Valiant Cinematic Universe may be dead. And if WGTC is to be trusted, depending on messaging you are going for.

Edited by Bosco685

Bloodshot rolling out to (U.S.) online purchases for $19.99 today.  I'll watch it tonight.  I just checked and fandangonow.com has "HOME" promo code for 20% off (save $4).

Edited by valiantman