• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OFFICIAL bloodshot (2017) Movie thread Bloodshot only

408 posts in this topic

Waking up and reflecting on this film, I'm not sure why critics came down extreme hard on Bloodshot. 30% positive is crazy when you consider in advance you knew what was coming with the film to begin with being wild action, sci-fi influences, Vin Diesel and the first film out of the gate for the director.

I own Pitch Black, Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick and The Last Witch Hunter. I very much appreciate the characters Vin Diesel portrays in these films, and don't expect some deep, intense lines from him in any of these films. Just a loner, super-skilled fighter that delivers some wild dialogue while kicking villain butt throughout. At least with the verified audience score, it rates much higher and 4.07/5 overall.

bloodshot01.PNG.2c442173e1796d9ba387ff24efd348b0.PNG

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

'The Dance' made it onto Youtube.

Hide contents

:roflmao:

Spoiler

Just about everything in that scene is a reference to an older movie.  Harting even comments to Eric (the technician) that it was ridiculous how many movie cliches he was ripping off. (thumbsu

In addition to Reservoir Dogs (mentioned above), that scene is likely inspired from (earlier) Clockwork Orange "Singing In The Rain" silly dance right before extreme violence... probably some other movie references (the shoes, coat, etc.).

Edited by valiantman

In addition to maybe becoming a "Cult Classic", Bloodshot might end up being the first ever "COVID Classic" film for when society just needs to escape to the movies. lol

hm

The dance scene is the first "Music CoVideo"? :kidaround:

We're all locked in our houses, it's time to put MUSIC back on MTV!  ^^

Edited by valiantman

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

if i purchase, do i own or is it just a 24/48 hour rental?

trying to determine best time/platform depending on answer. 

also is 4k available?

Fandangonow.com has "HOME" promo code for $4 off.  4K is available (same price as HD), and you own the digital movie forever.

Physical copies of discs will be available in stores later.

Edited by valiantman

4 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Fandangonow.com has "HOME" promo code for $4 off.  4K is available (same price as HD), and you own the digital movie forever.

Physical copies of discs will be available in stores later.

thanks, I'll watch it this weekend and purchase today. 

3 hours ago, Hawkman said:

Does anyone know a site to rent it? It's buyable, but for $20. I'd like to watch it, but trying to pay no more than $5

Wait two months. It should be available for a normal streaming / rental price of $4-$6.