• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need to beat the SCS horse again..my ASM #57 got wedgied.

53 posts in this topic

Ze, you said that "valuable" books, according to Borock, were getting certain holders, while (apparently) "less valuable" books weren't... and vice versa.

How can this be so complicated for you? There's been no mention of the SIZE of books thus far... just their "value". In my eyes, treating books according to their VALUE is not giving ALL books a fair shake. I wouldn't want my LOSH 300s placed in inferior holders simply because they have a lower "value" than other books.

But, as I've said before, all books (apparently) are not created equal. And believe me, I have better things to do than to try to convince you of anything.

MK.. are you THAT hard up for a fight now?

All it would have taken was for you to ask me to clarify exactly what I meant when I said "valuable", or expound upon what Steve said to me pertaining to that word.

But instead you choose to just see that one word.. jump on it and run with it in your typical fashion.

Did you see any quotes in my post?.. nope I was just paraphrasing.

My bad.. sorry.

If you go back , you will see that I used the term Valuable in direct response to FFB' saying he had an early SA ASM book in a new holder... So that prompted me to relate that I had just called Steve, I asked him about putting SA books in the new holder..and was told only books after 1975 would go in those holders. Due to the nature of older books.

When I used the term valuable in my reply to FFB, it was still in relation to what Steve said to me about why they would not put older SA books in the new holder.

And as best as I can recall.. here is what Steve said when I asked him that question, and why I could not request CGC to slab my SA books in the new holder, even if I asked them to. " Because of the delicate physical nature of of the SA book, and the value people place upon them in todays market,CGC does not want to be responsible for a fragile, valuable book being in the Modern holder when we feel it is detrimental to that era of book, even if certain people want their SA comics slabbed in the new holder, we still will not do it."

Or something to that effect..

It was just a conversation.. not a press release.

So yes , I could have explained myself better in the reply I made to Scott... when I asked him about the SA ASM book he said he had in a new CGC holder.

My bad.. I can now see how it might be misunderstood.

But MK only you would take what I said, and run with it ..without even asking me to clarify exactly what I meant, instead you bend it to your bizarre take on whatever it is you think is going on...... just itching to go off..

Alot of people keep telling me you are just a kid, and to not worry about anything you say.. I am starting to think they are right.

poke2.gifpoke2.gif

EDIT.. And why would you think one holder is more inferior then the other..? One is just better suited to handle certain comics better then the other.

Have you actually called CGC to ask if your LOSH 300 would be put in a Modern taper, or blunt wall slab?

Or would you rather just wonder about it, and assume the worst ?

Ze-

My response to your original post was:

That's the stupidest thing I've read here in a long, long time.

Hold on to those books with "sentimental" value, folks. They'll be given short shrift at CGC.

Does that look like I was just "spoilin'" for a fight? I think you should go back, review the conversation, and see who has been the combative one. Your preconceived notions about me and my supposed "motivations" are clouding your perceptions of reality.

Are you afraid of me? Is that why you flew off the handle? Is that why you IMMEDIATELY jumped on the defensive? Am I so terrifying?

Yes. Your Bette Davis impression would frighten the life out of anyone. tongue.gif

To say nothing of my Mary Tyler Moore eyes!

And believe me, I have better things to do than to try to convince you of anything.

Oh not to worry MK.. you HAVE convinced me of one thing.

The simple fact that you are totally.. screwy.gif

So please go away, and do those better things you said you had to do.

You crack me up MK, I seriously hope you were just kidding about the "afraid of you" comments .. you were weren't you? Probably not.

I dont think anybody here is afraid of anybody. Why would they be?

And whatever notions I have about you are not preconceived.. I just read what you post,and react to it.

Take care.. bro.. this mini flame has no future, except to give you an opponent. To think I could have saved myself from your unique CGC theories if I had not misread FFB's post about CGG.

Thinking he said CGC.

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry everybody.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

And believe me, I have better things to do than to try to convince you of anything.

Oh not to worry MK.. you HAVE convinced me of one thing.

The simple fact that you are totally.. screwy.gif

So please go away, and do those better things you said you had to do.

You crack me up MK, I seriously hope you were just kidding about the "afraid of you" comments .. you were weren't you? Probably not.

I dont think anybody here is afraid of anybody. Why would they be?

And whatever notions I have about you are not preconceived.. I just read what you post,and react to it.

Take care.. bro.. this mini flame has no future, except to give you an opponent. To think I could have saved myself from your unique CGC theories if I had not misread FFB's post about CGG.

Thinking he said CGC.

foreheadslap.gif

Sorry everybody.

flowerred.gif

Ze-

Oooooookay. Thanks for helping me make my point, Ultra-Defensive Man.

Can you show a whole post of the slabb? I suspect there is room for this to slide down a tad?

Oh.. there is room, I did not mean to say it was smashed up against the top innerwell edge, and had nowhere to go.

Sadly this extra room in the innerwell is the main reason why it had the space to rotate slightly inside the well during shipping. Allowing it to become scewed enough for the top corner to go higher up into the well where it is open.... while the rest of the top edge of the comic pressed into the part that is indented due to the design of the inner well.. So when it got dropped, bumped, thrown by the USPS it got wedged into the top part of the innerwell.

To be sure, I can tap the comic back down so it is not pressing against the top edge anymore. But when I pulled it out of the mailer, that was how it was.

Pressed against the top edge, causing it to become mildly bent/folded.

Which was why I originally asked why the innerwell was designed this way.. if the open corners in the well are to avoid corner damage on the comic.. then it works.. only to have the area inside the comic's corner get dinged.

Sorry to be so long winded with the explanation, but I wanted to make sure we are on the same page.

Ze-