• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Comics #3 Conflict of Restoration

94 posts in this topic

I was reluctant to post this , but after considering the facts and what Ive been through with this book I think its only fair to let everyone know what happened. The entire length to get the book graded with the proper notes was about a 1 year and the whole thing was a mess right from the start.

First, was the plastic issue they had in the beginning. I sent the book in for a one day fast track service only to be notified of the plastic issue 2 days later. I called concerned that a one day grading was now going to turn into 3 months or more, they confirmed that indeed it would take longer now to grade but a 40% refund would be given for the inconvenience. 3 1/5 months later the book was returned and full price charged . Contacted them a few times about the refund and the wrong notes but was ignored.

Second was when I posted the issue here and they finally agreed to look at the book and change the notes to remove trimmed and amateur to Professional as it should be. I agreed to send the book back and even pay for shipping again, at this point I was just happy the book was going to be looked at and corrected. 1 week later the book arrived at my home with the trimming removed from the notes but amateur still there. They had forgot to remove that part doh!

Third , realizing their mistake they asked me to send the book back again. I spoke directly to Steve who assured me to send the book back and it would be corrected properly this time. I shipped the book back again .About 2 weeks ago the book returned and my heart dropped at what i saw. The damage put on this book was something out of a nightmare , it seemed like children had handled the book. Multiple tears, small piece missing and a few minor scuffs . The book is still in the case now, and unbelievably still an 8.0 . I have never once removed it from the case since its gone back and its still in the case now. all the damage has happened by their hands.

image1%203_zpsbmhhw8qm.jpg

original grade the first time around

0001539-AA-001_zps3b25c58b.jpg

I was reluctant to post this , but after considering the facts and what Ive been through with this book I think its only fair to let everyone know what happened. The entire length to get the book graded with the proper notes was about a 1 year and the whole thing was a mess right from the start.

First, was the plastic issue they had in the beginning. I sent the book in for a one day fast track service only to be notified of the plastic issue 2 days later. I called concerned that a one day grading was now going to turn into 3 months or more, they confirmed that indeed it would take longer now to grade but a 40% refund would be given for the inconvenience. 3 1/5 months later the book was returned and full price charged . Contacted them a few times about the refund and the wrong notes but was ignored.

Second was when I posted the issue here and they finally agreed to look at the book and change the notes to remove trimmed and amateur to Professional as it should be. I agreed to send the book back and even pay for shipping again, at this point I was just happy the book was going to be looked at and corrected. 1 week later the book arrived at my home with the trimming removed from the notes but amateur still there. They had forgot to remove that part doh!

Third , realizing their mistake they asked me to send the book back again. I spoke directly to Steve who assured me to send the book back and it would be corrected properly this time. I shipped the book back again .About 2 weeks ago the book returned and my heart dropped at what i saw. The damage put on this book was something out of a nightmare , it seemed like children had handled the book. Multiple tears, small piece missing and a few minor scuffs . The book is still in the case now, and unbelievably still an 8.0 . I have never once removed it from the case since its gone back and its still in the case now. all the damage has happened by their hands.

So sad to see this. They got it wrong right from the get go. It's obvious that they want to make it right, but it seems that the person who encapsulated that book, mishandled it.

CBCS should reimburse you for the shipping to them (twice now), and they should now be responsible to get this problem fixed.

Let's hope they look after you, as they should. I also wouldn't be surprised to see CGC step up to "correct" CBCS's mistakes. It could turn into a "we know more than they do, and we look after our valued customers" contest.

I don't see how that kind of damage can be from a book shipped in the slab. If I had a grading company and saw such damage IN the slab I'd be sure ot document it. If that came from a slabbed book the slab itself has to be totally shattered in that area. this is NOT looking good. :(

Did they have an explanation of what happened?

So sad to see this. They got it wrong right from the get go. It's obvious that they want to make it right, but it seems that the person who encapsulated that book, mishandled it.

CBCS should reimburse you for the shipping to them (twice now), and they should now be responsible to get this problem fixed.

Let's hope they look after you, as they should. I also wouldn't be surprised to see CGC step up to "correct" CBCS's mistakes. It could turn into a "we know more than they do, and we look after our valued customers" contest.

To be fair CGC offered to help right from the start, I choose to take my chances and send the book back.

Looks like the book would need another round of restoration to fix the damages done. I hope that they can pay for the damages inflicted on your book. Sorry to hear about this nightmare kind of experience..

My thinking as well. Really a disastrous episode for CBCS. Really makes you wonder.

Holy skizz!

That's pretty bad, sorry you're having to deal with this :(

To cause and then ignore that kind of damage is pretty damning. They need to eat the loss, accept this back and replace with a comparable or better copy.

Every organisation makes mistakes but this is turning into a catalogue of despair.

Kenny has offered to take the book back and fix the damage. He did the original work and I have no doubt will do a great job bringing the book back to how it was. After that it goes back to CGC , where it never should had left.

Kenny has offered to take the book back and fix the damage. He did the original work and I have no doubt will do a great job bringing the book back to how it was. After that it goes back to CGC , where it never should had left.

(thumbs u

I am curious how that damage to the bottom right could have happened?