• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fantastic Comics #3 Conflict of Restoration

94 posts in this topic

Holy skizz!

That's pretty bad, sorry you're having to deal with this :(

To cause and then ignore that kind of damage is pretty damning. They need to eat the loss, accept this back and replace with a comparable or better copy.

Every organisation makes mistakes but this is turning into a catalogue of despair.

This book is very rare and valuable, there is no easy to attain comparable or better copy.

Kenny has offered to take the book back and fix the damage. He did the original work and I have no doubt will do a great job bringing the book back to how it was. After that it goes back to CGC , where it never should had left.

(thumbs u

I am curious how that damage to the bottom right could have happened?

Likely when they took it out of the plastic to fix the notes.

Kenny has offered to take the book back and fix the damage. He did the original work and I have no doubt will do a great job bringing the book back to how it was. After that it goes back to CGC , where it never should had left.

(thumbs u

I am curious how that damage to the bottom right could have happened?

Likely when they took it out of the plastic to fix the notes.

I meant what caused it, as in it looks to me like something heavy and with sharp edges was dropped on the book? Whatever caused the damage cut into the book and took a chunk out of it.

very nice of Kenny to do so. Hope it all works out for you :wishluck:

Holy skizz!

To cause and then ignore that kind of damage is pretty damning. They need to eat the loss, accept this back and replace with a comparable or better copy.

Every organisation makes mistakes but this is turning into a catalogue of despair.

This book is very rare and valuable, there is no easy to attain comparable or better copy.

Yes there is.

It's called money.

Holy skizz!

Yes there is.

It's called money.

Ok, so what is comparable? A cgc 5.5 sold for near $20000 earlier this year, assuming the owner is willing to sell it. There just are not that many copies of this book is what I am saying.

They should pay for the repair, re-slab it at no charge and refund all costs thus far in my opinion.

For some closure, I just wanted to update this thread for Nelson.

He sent me the book, and I made the necessary repairs on bottom edge and interior.

IMG_5730_zpsgehptfb5.jpg

Looks like typical damage caused when the bottom edge snags on a raised lip of the cut open inner well when removing the book too fast. I have no idea though. All I know is it got dinged.

While unfortunate, things can and do happen when you handle a fragile book so many times.

It happens, only thing one can do is fix it, and move forward.

For some closure, I just wanted to update this thread for Nelson.

He sent me the book, and I made the necessary repairs on bottom edge and interior.

IMG_5730_zpsgehptfb5.jpg

Looks like typical damage caused when the bottom edge snags on a raised lip of the cut open inner well when removing the book too fast. I have no idea though. All I know is it got dinged.

While unfortunate, things can and do happen when you handle a fragile book so many times.

It happens, only thing one can do is fix it, and move forward.

Nice tape job! :baiting:

There really out to be a certain value tier where only the most experienced employees get to touch these books. Perhaps they become cavalier after grading a bunch of Action 1s, to the point where the guy probably ate his lunch on this one.