• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

327 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

My husband liked Jessica Jones the best, too. I can't imagine why? ;) 

I actually liked her's the least, I loved Daredevil, the rest were more entertaining than most of the network stuff (except the CW shows and Designated Survivor;)

Yes, love the CW shows as well, especially the Flash.  Yeah Krysten Ritter is nice on the eyes but I actually thought David Tenant made Jessica  Jones the best of the four for me anyway.

I would rather watch a 24 hour loop of Catwoman with Halle Berry than ever watch Iron Fist S1 again.

If anyone enjoyed this then you are simple minded and have zero taste of anything than might resemble taste in your own life.

Close this godawful trek of a thread. 

I saw all of Iron Fist Season 1, and yet I still don't feel like I've seen an Iron Fist series yet. What I did see, "The Meachum Family (with Special Guest Star Iron Fist)" was pretty crappy, aside from Jessica Henwick, who is hot hot hot.

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, musicmeta said:

I actually thought David Tenant made Jessica  Jones the best of the four for me anyway.

+1

Jessica herself was fine, but Killgrave is what made season 1 compelling.  I'm glad she's going to do defenders before doing a possible season 2.  I'm unsure how a Jessica Jones solo series would do without Killgrave. 

My wife, son and I have watched all Netflix series together up to Iron Fist... but I decided to take one for the team and just watch Iron Fist myself and spare them.

I have to say, fearing for the worst... there were aspects of this series that were ... ok.   I mean, it was kinda watchable.

With one excpetion.  That exception, was the character of Danny Rand.  He was written as too stupid, and petulant to deserve a share of the world's oxygen.  I can't even evaluate the acting on the part, because the writing of it was so bad.

I think the Colleen Wing/Hand stuff was fine, Claire Temple stuff is always good, the Meachum family stuff was wildly inconsistent.  Sadly, it was probably the most compelling part of the show, but just because Iron Fist was so bad. 

Which makes it even worse that, at the end, for some stupid reason Joy just becomes evil just... because?  Ugh.

Oh and one last thing... the "Iron Fist" itself?  Is there a more useless power as depicted?  It seems like the weapon equivalent of a musket.  It takes forever to load.  Jams most of the time.  And in the best cases you get off one shot.

But other than all that?  I liked it.

Still, we are looking forward to Defenders. Loved the previous three shows. I know there are people who don't enjoy Jessica Jones but I loved that show and that character.

Edited by fmaz

Why Iron Fist Season 2 Has A New Show-runner

Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb explained why Iron Fist is bringing in a new show-runner for its second season – replacing Scott Buck with Raven Metzner.

During The Defenders panel at year’s San Diego Comic-Con, the producer extraordinaire surprised everyone by announcing season 2 of Iron Fist. The announcement was subsequently followed by the revelation that former Sleepy Hollow producer, Metzner, will take the baton from Buck in the follow-up installment. This has immediately caused presumptions that the show-runner switch is a step towards supposed course correcting the show, but the exec says it is not.

“What happened, really very simply, was [Season 1 show-runner] Scott Buck was on [ABC Marvel series] Inhumans and we were delighted to get another order from Netflix and knew that Scott was not going to be available to us. We set out to find a new show-runner. Raven came in, told us a story and we thought, ‘that’s the next epic adventure for this character’ and got very excited about it.”

8 hours ago, mrwoogieman said:

As always, damn the critics and decide for myself. I watched the first three episodes last night. It's not great, but it's not putrid either like the Rotten Tomatoes critic score makes it seem. More like C+/B- range material to me.

It's the worst of them, but not too bad. Your grade is appropriate.

Two different moments in the fourth episode made me cringe and reach for the remote. So, because he was in 'heaven' for the last 15 years, Danny Rand is now a simpleton who doesn't understand human emotions/thoughts/feelings/desires?? oookay....

Lead Villain For IRON FIST Season 2 May Have Been Revealed And It's An Unexpected Choice

Lady.jpg

According to That Hashtag Show, season two of Iron Fist is set to begin shooting this month with new showrunner Raven Metzner (Sleepy Hollow) at the helm instead of Steve Buck. The site has also come across a casting call for Tonya Parker, a character comic book fans may remember from Old Man Logan which saw her make a brief appearance as one of Peter Parker's daughters and Hawkeye's ex-wife.

However, the site believes that the character is actually Lady Gorgon, something which makes sense when you read the character description for the role which is set to be a series regular. Apparently, Tonya is "a chameleon adapt at playing roles, she inhabits the part that best fits the mission." She’s also said to be an expert covert operative who has carried out several high level missions in the past.

In the comics, Lady Gorgon has a history with Frank Castle and is affiliated with The Hand.

'Iron Fist' Casts Alice Eve

alice-eve-star-trek-1063644-640x320.jpg

Alice Eve is the latest actor to join the cast of Iron Fist Season Two according to Variety.

Eve's character is currently being kept a secret. She'll join returning cast members Finn Jones, Jessica Henwick, Tom Pelphrey, Jessica Stroup, and Sacha Down. Simone Missick will also join the cast in season two, reprising her role as Misty Knight from Luke Cage and The Defenders.

Eve is an English actress best known stateside for playing Carol Marcus in Star Trek Into Darkness the second movie in the Star Trek reboot series. She also appeared in the third season of Black Mirror and in the film Misconduct. She can next be seen co-starring with Dakota Fanning in the upcoming film Please Stand By, chronicling an autistic Star Trek fan's quest to have her -script made into an episode.

“We are very excited to have an actress of Alice’s stature join the cast of Marvel’s Iron Fist,” said Marvel’s head of television and series executive producer Jeph Loeb. “Her exceptional talent brings an intrigue and danger to her character unlike anyone else.”

10 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I guess they want to build on the 'momentum' of his appearance in Luke Cage, assuming its more well received than his own series or his appearance with the 'Defenders'.  If that's the strategy, I agree with it.  Daredevil will be watched any time they release it. The Iron Fist numbers have a better chance of being influenced by 'other' factors. 

So I guess that means 2019 has Daredevil and Punisher?  are there any other shows slated?  Is it time yet for Moon Knight or Shang Chi?

22 minutes ago, revat said:

I guess they want to build on the 'momentum' of his appearance in Luke Cage, assuming its more well received than his own series or his appearance with the 'Defenders'.  If that's the strategy, I agree with it.  Daredevil will be watched any time they release it. The Iron Fist numbers have a better chance of being influenced by 'other' factors. 

So I guess that means 2019 has Daredevil and Punisher?  are there any other shows slated?  Is it time yet for Moon Knight or Shang Chi?

Loeb confirmed no further Defenders episodes planned. At least so far.

I liked him better in the Defenders, and I hear he came across well in Luke Cage season 2 (we’re only 1/2 way through so we haven’t seen him yet)... so I have moderate hopes for this.  I know it can’t be worse than season 1!   Even just in the trailer, it looks like he’s learned how to fight a bit better and the IF effect is cool, so that’s something.