• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

On 7/21/2018 at 1:36 AM, fmaz said:

I liked him better in the Defenders, and I hear he came across well in Luke Cage season 2 (we’re only 1/2 way through so we haven’t seen him yet)... so I have moderate hopes for this.  I know it can’t be worse than season 1!   Even just in the trailer, it looks like he’s learned how to fight a bit better and the IF effect is cool, so that’s something.  

Yeah, he came across much better in Luke Cage 2.  His character seemed to have matured a lot from IF1 and the Defenders.  He wasn't the same whiny, petulant, "act first, think later" jerk from those earlier appearances.  If they manage to keep writing him in the same style, he might turn into a half-way decent character.  2c

Edited by Loki

11 hours ago, Loki said:

Yeah, he came across much better in Luke Cage 2.  His character seemed to have matured a lot from IF1 and the Defenders.  He wasn't the same whiny, petulant, "act first, think later" jerk from those earlier appearances.  If they manage to keep writing him in the same style, he might turn into a half-way decent character.  2c

We just watched that episode tonight and I agree with all points..   Based totally on this episode I'll actually (slightly) looking forward to IF season 2.  I do hope they're smart enough to use other characters to help prop his season up, though... as Luke and Danny really do interact quite well.

hm I was actually sad by the time IF2 came to a close - I thought they had finally - after two seasons - gotten to a place that was interesting. I didn't think there'd be a chance in hell in ever seeing Iron Fist again. But, from the sounds of it, there will be a new direction and that brief come-togetherness in the finale will probably not be explored. I guess we'll see - like Chip said above: Marvel really isn't learning much from their missteps.