• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

Netflix Boss Talks IRON FIST Casting And Possibility Of A Spinoff Starring THE PUNISHER

"Some will selectively have multiple seasons as they come out of the gate. So they’ll probably be two launches a year," he added. Out of the four, only Iron Fist has not been cast at this point; the show doesn't even have a showrunner. So, when are we going to hear something solid? "Hopefully soon," Sarados said. "It’s always a little extra complex with Marvel in announcing things."

With The Punisher coming to Daredevil season two, there's no doubt potential for him to join the rest of The Defenders, while it sounds like Netflix are also open to bringing these characters to the big screen. "It is possible for sure. That’s the beauty of the Marvel universe," he said of a possible Punisher spinoff. "Any of them could spin out into films too."

If true, this would explain the long casting efforts.

Iron Fist Netflix Movie Rumored

It's being said that Marvel will be making an Iron Fist movie for Netflix.

The info comes again from Peel The Orange that states:

Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders.

I have a feeling they'll draw a lot of inspiration from the Brubaker/Fraction "Immortal Iron Fist" series for at least the 1st season. Very mythical Kung-Fu & exploration of the Iron Fist legacy thing.

If they do... :cloud9:

I think its very possible, they will tie kung fu into the Doctor Strange "mythical" realm, and with Strange, and likely the Defenders as well, appearing in Infinity War I am sure they will try to ground magic in with science via Quantum Mechanical effects etc.

They need Kung Fu to be relevant, and they like to use the more modern and lesser known source material for a lot of what they do.

It will be interesting to see what they do with magic and by extension whether they include K'un L'un in the Iron Fist milieu. It seems like the easiest thing to do would be a John Wick style gun fu. That would probably be great TV, but losing the mystic side, as a big iron fist fan, would be sad.

They never really explained how Scarlet Witch's powers worked. I always liked the Bronze Age way of handling her - she had a finite amount of "internal" energy and when it was gone, she is done. Dr. Strange, on the other hand, knew spells, and could tap into external energies. Will Marvel have him summoning the Flames of the Faltine, and the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, or will he just be able to do whatever he wants, more like Green Lantern?

If they don't put boundaries on it, it might start to look silly compared to the tech, cosmic and science heroes. So how do they keep the mystic aspect interesting, without "de-powering" everyone else? It will be interesting to see. I definitely want to see Shao Lao!!

If true, this would explain the long casting efforts.

Iron Fist Netflix Movie Rumored

It's being said that Marvel will be making an Iron Fist movie for Netflix.

The info comes again from Peel The Orange that states:

Marvel will be turning Iron Fist into a Netflix exclusive feature film. This will give Marvel extra time and a larger budget for this project. The Punisher will replace Iron Fist as one of the four Defenders.

Oh yeah, that makes a lot of sense. The Punisher taking on Nebulon? :roflmao:

:o

Marvel's Joe Quasada Gives Update on Marvel's 'Iron Fist' Series

Bleeding Cool revealed last month that Marvel was scrapping the "Iron Fist" series in favor of a TV movie that would stream on Netflix. Quasada was quick to point out that not everything you read on the internet is 100% true saying:

"Where did you read these rumors. The internet? Then they must be true!"

Quesada gave a brief update on the planned "Iron Fist" series saying:

"I'm pretty involved [with the Netflix shows]. I'm not on set everyday but I'm pretty involved. Iron Fist is being worked on, that's all I can say."

On the prospect of actor Jon Bernthal ("The Wolf of Wall Street") receiving his own series after his inclusion in "Daredevil" season 2 Quesada said:

"We'd love to do something with [the character] but it's way too early to tell. We don't like to discuss which metrics we use to decide [which character gets a spinoff]. What I can tell you is that anyone who is a hardcore Punisher fan is going to be blown away and incredibly satisfied by Bernthal's take on Frank Castle. It's one of those cases where it's the character from the pages, come to life."

Marvel & Netflix's Iron Fist Lands Scott Buck as Showrunner

Just a few weeks ago, there were rumors flying that Iron Fist might be off the table for Marvel TV and Netflix, rumors that both CCO Joe Quesada and Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb have dispelled in recent days.

Now, Comicbook.com has confirmed (with help from our friends at HH) that Iron Fist isn’t just moving forward, but has chosen a showrunner. Scott Buck, who served as EP on Dexter, and a producer on Six Feet Under, will take the reigns of the fourth and final solo series with Marvel and Netflix before they meet for a Defenders mini-series.

Marvel describes Iron Fist as follows: "Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

Marvel & Netflix's Iron Fist Lands Scott Buck as Showrunner

Just a few weeks ago, there were rumors flying that Iron Fist might be off the table for Marvel TV and Netflix, rumors that both CCO Joe Quesada and Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb have dispelled in recent days.

Now, Comicbook.com has confirmed (with help from our friends at HH) that Iron Fist isn’t just moving forward, but has chosen a showrunner. Scott Buck, who served as EP on Dexter, and a producer on Six Feet Under, will take the reigns of the fourth and final solo series with Marvel and Netflix before they meet for a Defenders mini-series.

Marvel describes Iron Fist as follows: "Returning to New York City after being missing for years, Daniel Rand fights against the criminal element corrupting New York City with his incredible kung-fu mastery and ability to summon the awesome power of the fiery Iron Fist."

Sounds like Marvel's superpowered version of Arrow. I'm in :applause:

As long as there is a flashback scene at some point with him punching a dragon in the heart, I'm totally in. I want all the crazy mystic stuff too. K'un Lun, Lei Kung the Thunderer, Davos, and all that stuff as well. And I want the old lady from Daredevil to definitely be from there too.

I think the show could be a good way to introduce mysticism and magic into the universe in a way they haven't yet, sort of like what Arrow is doing right now. It'd be great to have a hero who wasn't either manufactured or extra-terrestrial, because as of right now, I'm not really sure I can think of anyone in the MCU that doesn't have:

A: Powers that are from a suit

B: Powers because they aren't human

C: Powers given to them by science

I might be wrong though, but even with the twins in Age of Ultron, they gave them powers from experimentation.

I think the show could be a good way to introduce mysticism and magic into the universe in a way they haven't yet, sort of like what Arrow is doing right now. It'd be great to have a hero who wasn't either manufactured or extra-terrestrial, because as of right now, I'm not really sure I can think of anyone in the MCU that doesn't have:

I might be wrong though, but even with the twins in Age of Ultron, they gave them powers from experimentation.

Well, the Inhumans are a subspecies of human, and have their powers naturally inside them only needing activation. Does that count? :shrug:

Well, the Inhumans are a subspecies of human, and have their powers naturally inside them only needing activation. Does that count? :shrug:

Oh yeah, thats kind of true, especially since we likely won't see any mutants.

Marvel Has Considered Asian American Actors To Play IRON FIST

Now that Iron Fist finally has a showrunner and appears to actually be happening, there's been a lot of talk among fans about the studio casting an Asian American actor as Daniel Rand. Surprisingly, it appears as if Marvel has taken note of that, as The Hollywood Reporter has revealed that they've, "met with Asian-American actors in consideration for the lead."

However, don't worry too much comic book purists because despite at least thinking over the possibility of a non-white lead, they're now "leaning toward keeping Iron Fist white."

The Iron Fist Villain We Can Probably Expect In Season 1

Although the true names are disguised under pseudonyms, the characters listed on Point of Geeks are both series regulars on the show. The first person, named “Dylan Kendall,” matches Iron Fist, a.k.a. Danny Rand, perfectly, but it’s the second character, named “Henry Marshall,” who sounds like Steel Serpent; or at minimum, another villain. Take a look:

"45 – 50 yrs old Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active. SERIES REGULAR"

Rarely are good guys ever described as “merciless” and “arrogant,” so it stands to reason that this individual will be a sinister figure on Iron Fist.

Steel_serpent.jpg

The Iron Fist Villain We Can Probably Expect In Season 1

Although the true names are disguised under pseudonyms, the characters listed on Point of Geeks are both series regulars on the show. The first person, named “Dylan Kendall,” matches Iron Fist, a.k.a. Danny Rand, perfectly, but it’s the second character, named “Henry Marshall,” who sounds like Steel Serpent; or at minimum, another villain. Take a look:

"45 – 50 yrs old Caucasian, highly intelligent, merciless, confident and arrogant, physically active. SERIES REGULAR"

Rarely are good guys ever described as “merciless” and “arrogant,” so it stands to reason that this individual will be a sinister figure on Iron Fist.

Steel_serpent.jpg

If I recall correctly, Steel Serpent was name dropped on Daredevil.

mtu063.jpg

:headbang:

I'm hoping that that "arrogant" character is Orson Randall. He was a serious . Partially because making that Steel Serpent would make Lei Kung white too, since Davos is Lei Kung's kid and an exiled native of K'un Lun.

Netflix Boss Offers IRON FIST Casting Update

Talking to reporters after their panel at the Television Critics Association winter press tour earlier today, Netflix content chief Ted Sarandos offered an update by promising that casting the character is, "in progress." This is yet another good sign, and an indication perhaps that we'll hear something official soon.

Jessica Jones and Luke Cage star Mike Colter meanwhile was also quick to express his excitement about finally meeting his fellow Hero for Hire in an interview with IGN. "I am, for the main reason that I get a nice little break because I'm like, 'Jessica, Luke -- there is an Iron Fist, right?' I'm really excited about it. Whether I'll be in it, I don't know, but it will be nice to see."