• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

Iron Fist has been cast - no announcement yet

"The actor has been cast," Colter said of the role of Danny Rand, "but he's in a basement somewhere," he joked. "When the time is right, they'll let him up and tell him where he is. I am [excited]."

"I'll get a nice little break, after doing Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. Whether I'm in [iron Fist], I don't know, but there's The Defenders," the actor said.

:whee:

Well, that's one dream role down :cry:

Hey, I've still got Speedball. :whee:

It really looks like ABC/Marvel/Disney dropped the ball on a New Warriors staged "reality show". Could have tied into Civil War and everything too.

It really looks like ABC/Marvel/Disney dropped the ball on a New Warriors staged "reality show". Could have tied into Civil War and everything too.

I remember when the actor hinted on twitter that he was cast and would be Speedball on Marvel AOS. Studio must of gotten peeved and removed him. lol

How cool would that have been? SO meta.

It looks to now be confirmed by Entertainment Weekly.

Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones to play Iron Fist

Marvel has found its newest superhero: Game of Thrones actor Finn Jones has landed the coveted series lead in Iron Fist.

Jones, who plays Ser Loras Tyrell on the HBO hit, will take on the role of the martial arts master in the upcoming Netflix series, EW has learned.

Iron Fist is set to be the fourth Marvel and Netflix collaboration, following Daredevil, Jessica Jones, and the forthcoming Luke Cage. Scott Buck (Dexter) has been tapped as showrunner. Marvel plans to eventually unite all its heroes in a series called The Defenders.

In the comics, Iron Fist is Daniel Rand, who at age of 9 travels with his family from New York to a lost mystical city called K’un-L’un. After some tragic twists of fate, Rand is adopted by the city’s ruler and taught advanced martial arts and the mystical power of the Iron Fist. As an adult, Rand returns to his native New York and begins a career as a superhero.

This is beautiful contemporary rhetoric. Lush. Brief. Ornamented. Austere. Byzantine. Accessible.

Iron Fist is an orientalist-white-man-yellow-fever narrative. Asian actor would have helped subvert that offensive trope, and reclaim space.

This is beautiful contemporary rhetoric. Lush. Brief. Ornamented. Austere. Byzantine. Accessible.

Iron Fist is an orientalist-white-man-yellow-fever narrative. Asian actor would have helped subvert that offensive trope, and reclaim space.

This is, of course, relative to the inverse ratio, n'est–ce pas?

This is, of course, relative to the inverse ratio, n'est–ce pas?

Let me consult the Elders of the Temple & perform some quick but really expensive sacrifices & I'll report back to you or thee. Thou? :eek:

While I wouldn't have minded if it was an asian cast, would have been fine, I don't really have an inferiority complex when it comes to white people, if anything it's the opposite lol, so I don't require to be uplifted via funny book casting.

That said, I am aware many people would agree with my conclusion, but for more deplorable reasons.

From the start I was most excited about Iron Fist when the netflix stuff was announced so I'm happy to see it going forward.