• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

IRON FIST on Netflix
3 3

331 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

As for the Defenders, since the guy from Daredevil is a much better actor, maybe he'll be featured more. I didn't mind the actor in Luke Cage, he was just overshadowed by an academy award winner as the villain. Just like Donofrio kind of took over much of Daredevil.

+1

Kingpin one of the greatest villains ever to step out of comics. The other Netflix/Marvel shows need stronger villains like Kingpin.

The wife and I stopped around episodes 8 or 9. I cant remember which, but I felt like it got so bad. As a huge fan of Fraction/Brubaker's run on the character, I had high hopes this would be good. I also liked the main guy from GoT. 

I felt like it started well, but the acting and story just suffered as it went along. I even liked the guy playing Iron Fist at the beginning. By the middle of the season, he got really jarring and just stopped pulling it off. In tense situations, he just couldn't do it. 

I'm also not a huge fan of how heavy they pushed the Night Nurse. That just wasn't/isn't how I picture that character. Dawson's alright, but I don't think she's the strongest actress.

I liked the love interest and felt she was good. Then she stopped having chemistry with Rand and I lost interest. It seemed like he had more chemistry with Joy.

The father son relationship was weird. Neither of them could act. The father's scenes were decent with his assistant. Then he went and did that over the top thing to his assistant. It sort of ruined it for me. 

These shows have gone down  hill dramatically since DD. They should really try and stick to the source material. If they'd followed Bendis' Alias, I think Jessica Jones would have been outstanding. I think the same thing with Iron Fist. 

I started watching DD1 as a result of this show. I'm enjoying the rewatch. 

Edited by ChrisInBaltimore

5 hours ago, ChrisInBaltimore said:

The wife and I stopped around episodes 8 or 9. I cant remember which, but I felt like it got so bad. As a huge fan of Fraction/Brubaker's run on the character, I had high hopes this would be good. I also liked the main guy from GoT. 

I felt like it started well, but the acting and story just suffered as it went along. I even liked the guy playing Iron Fist at the beginning. By the middle of the season, he got really jarring and just stopped pulling it off. In tense situations, he just couldn't do it. 

I'm also not a huge fan of how heavy they pushed the Night Nurse. That just wasn't/isn't how I picture that character. Dawson's alright, but I don't think she's the strongest actress.

I liked the love interest and felt she was good. Then she stopped having chemistry with Rand and I lost interest. It seemed like he had more chemistry with Joy.

The father son relationship was weird. Neither of them could act. The father's scenes were decent with his assistant. Then he went and did that over the top thing to his assistant. It sort of ruined it for me. 

These shows have gone down  hill dramatically since DD. They should really try and stick to the source material. If they'd followed Bendis' Alias, I think Jessica Jones would have been outstanding. I think the same thing with Iron Fist. 

I started watching DD1 as a result of this show. I'm enjoying the rewatch. 

Did the Fraction / Brubaker run on the character mutilate the origin, motivations and storyline of the original like the show has? At least they got a lot of the names right :smirk:

I'm sorry, I liked it. Maybe it was the actress playing Colleen Wing :luhv:

6 hours ago, Azkaban said:

I'm sorry, I liked it. Maybe it was the actress playing Colleen Wing :luhv:

Not my favourite show but agree she was hot! :luhv:

Edited by piper

Still trying to will myself to finish the series.  I think I'm on episode 8 or 9 and it just seems to bore me.  I like having it on while I pack up books or do some scans since I don't really need to pay 100% attention and I still get the gist.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Still trying to will myself to finish the series.  I think I'm on episode 8 or 9 and it just seems to bore me.  I like having it on while I pack up books or do some scans since I don't really need to pay 100% attention and I still get the gist.

I think I fast forwarded through the last couple of episodes...

I liked it better than cage but not as good as Jessica jones and daredevil.  the thing that drove us nuts was every time he goes to fight the hand, Rosario dawson says  well I have a friend blah blah but never hey , i'll call my blind super hero friend who fights  the hand to.

I didn't follow any sort of order watching these Marvel shows and started with Iron Fist, it definitely soured my taste for the others. After a little break, I took the dive into Daredevil (season 1) and Jessica Jones and wow they were fantastic! What the hell happened to Iron Fist? 

4 minutes ago, musicmeta said:

I liked Iron Fist a lot but not as much as Daredevil, Luke Cage and Jessica Jones(Best). 

My husband liked Jessica Jones the best, too. I can't imagine why? ;) 

I actually liked her's the least, I loved Daredevil, the rest were more entertaining than most of the network stuff (except the CW shows and Designated Survivor;)

In general I like the Iron Fist character more than the other shows.

BUT I liked Iron Fist the least out of the Netflix shows, though I would still give it a passing grade.

BUT I'm actually more excited for an Iron Fist sequel than I am for season 2 of Luke Cage or Jessica Jones.  I really enjoyed Luke Cage, but I just don't know what else you can offer storywise about him oh his own, though I'd be fine with a Heroes for Hire tv show where he teams with Iron Fist and opens a detective agency or something.

2 hours ago, Azkaban said:

As long as Colleen is back I'm in. :whee:

I don't fall into the category of thinking 'wow, colleen is a smoking hottie!', but I do think she was the generally the most consistently entertaining part of the show.  But at the same time, I don't think there was a lot of 'chemistry' there between danny and colleen, though I'm not sure if that was done on purpose to maybe set up danny and misty later, or just my overall lack of enthusiasm for finn jones.