• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Edgar Church copies of the same comic?
1 1

52 posts in this topic

Hello! :)

I was curious if anyone has ever come across two copies of the exact same comic book that are both Mile High copies? In other words, Edgar Church would have bought the same issue twice by accident or on purpose.

Is there any record of this ever happening?

Thanks in advance for any information.

I think it would be highly unlikely-Church bought the books for ref and there would be no need to buy 2 copies - I imagine he just went down the line at the newstand picking up every book the odds of him grabbing 2 would be slim

This is a question for the GA forum because a lot of those guys don't venture into the CG forum.

I believe there have been duplicates in the collection but not many.

Hello! :)

I was curious if anyone has ever come across two copies of the exact same comic book that are both Mile High copies? In other words, Edgar Church would have bought the same issue twice by accident or on purpose.

Is there any record of this ever happening?

Thanks in advance for any information.

Not to my knowledge. Because you asked the question, you must have a situation ?

Yes, there are a few duplicates. I have a Jumbo #155 I bought from Chuck at one of the first shows he sold at. There is another copy on the CGC census of the same issue. Unless that one is a mistake because I know for certian mine is a Church.

I have heard of a very few others but can't document them.

comjumbo155church1_zpsqzipeg2y.jpg

I think it would be highly unlikely-Church bought the books for ref and there would be no need to buy 2 copies - I imagine he just went down the line at the newstand picking up every book the odds of him grabbing 2 would be slim

Kav,

Mr Church didn't pick books off the newsstand. He had the agent pull books for him to be picked up later. I understand your need to post in every thread, but do you ever stop to think the harm your misinformation might do?

Thank you all very much! As Bomber-Bob said, I have a situation.

There are two issues of Lady Luck #88 (Quality, 1950) that have been graded and slabbed by CGC. One is a 9.2 and the other a 9.0. Both are credited as being from the Edgar Church (Mile High) collection.

I was curious if this was a mistake, or of it's possible that two copies could exist.

Kav,

do you ever stop to think the harm your misinformation might do?

lol

Kav,

Mr Church didn't pick books off the newsstand. He had the agent pull books for him to be picked up later. I understand your need to post in every thread, but do you ever stop to think the harm your misinformation might do?

Do you ever think of the harm you do when say someone is stressing out because their pipes burst and your response is they should have their man card? A constant negative presence is worse that someone thinking something is unlikely.

Yes, there are a few duplicates. I have a Jumbo #155 I bought from Chuck at one of the first shows he sold at. There is another copy on the CGC census of the same issue. Unless that one is a mistake because I know for certian mine is a Church.

I have heard of a very few others but can't document them.

comjumbo155church1_zpsqzipeg2y.jpg

I do love arguments backed with illustrations.

Curious... do the duplicates both get a big price bump due to their pedigree, or does the presence of a double make them seem less exclusive?

Do you ever think of the harm you do when say someone is stressing out because their pipes burst and your response is they should have their man card? A constant negative presence is worse that someone thinking something is unlikely.

You were wrong, you got called on it. Sorry you're having a bad day, but that's not a "negative presence."