• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK guys here are the Sgt. Fury #24 and #25 CGC 9.4 Golden State Pedigree copies

118 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's what you said about the #25 too, and look what happened. That $275 bid is only $25 away! yay.gif

I'd take it now before the guy sobers up...

Jim

I admit that I was tempted, but I want to get the full $300 so that I can tell Murph to go eff himself in royal fashion.

Now I just hope it doesn't backfire. 27_laughing.gif

Careful counsellor, remember our chat at WonderCon, best to get the Net out before the smelling salts hit, or you may end up with another "The one that got away" story. hi.gif

I don't think many realize how hard it is to find SA Sgt. Fury's in HG. These things sat in .25 bins for years upon years and even when the Silver rush hit they stayed there. These books are scarce from what I've seen (or haven't seen). The fact that these are also pedigrees makes them more attractive.

It's my experience that SA SGT Fury's #20 and up are easily the most common found in HG of all pre-68 Marvels. I even asked the question on the this Forum two years ago asking for opinions why...

Jim

I went to Joe Koch's warehouse once, eight years ago. Nothing great in terms of high grade Silver Age Marvels, except for Sgt. Fury. Box after box after box of them, from about number 18 onwards. Granted they were all generally VF to VF/NM, but I was told that the boxes had contained a considerable amount of NM copies prior to being picked clean in previous years (I was a decade late in terms of Koch's find).

I bought a few copies of certain issues, a tiny handful of which were NM ish. The NM ones sold years ago, the rest have been sitting in (my) boxes ever since. frown.gif

I don't think many realize how hard it is to find SA Sgt. Fury's in HG. These things sat in .25 bins for years upon years and even when the Silver rush hit they stayed there. These books are scarce from what I've seen (or haven't seen). The fact that these are also pedigrees makes them more attractive.

It's my experience that SA SGT Fury's #20 and up are easily the most common found in HG of all pre-68 Marvels. I even asked the question on the this Forum two years ago asking for opinions why...

Jim

I don't know if they're the most common in HG of ALL pre-68 Marvels, I think that honor has to go to ASM. But you're right, with a few exceptions, they're pretty darn easy to find after you get out of the teens. If they were worth very much, there'd be even more surfacing.

Sgt Fury is a great means to get some real nice looking Silver Age books without paying out the arse for it. As someone who isn't as deep pocketed as others on this board, its a great momentary diversion from the $100 a book ASMs I'm used to.

Sgt Fury is a great means to get some real nice looking Silver Age books without paying out the arse for it. As someone who isn't as deep pocketed as others on this board, its a great momentary diversion from the $100 a book ASMs I'm used to.

Absolutely, they're relatively cheap buys and great reads, with excellent artwork particularly once the Severins took over.

Yeah, that's what you said about the #25 too, and look what happened. That $275 bid is only $25 away! yay.gif

I'd take it now before the guy sobers up...

Jim

I admit that I was tempted, but I want to get the full $300 so that I can tell Murph to go eff himself in royal fashion.

Now I just hope it doesn't backfire. 27_laughing.gif

I'll give you $25 so you can still tell him to eff off. poke2.gif

If you're serious, I'll accept the $275 bid right now! I'll even tell him where the extra $25 came from. 27_laughing.gifyay.gif

Nah I was just foolin.

Congrats on the nice bid. Are you going to accept the offer?

No, I am going to hold out for $300 on the #24.

screwy.gif

If $275 for #24 is screwy.gif, then that price for the MH2 #25 is screwy.gif to the 10th power!

But more power to you, higher prices for Furys will establish a nice market for me to sell my remaining Furys into. Anyways, maybe with some strong sales you can use the proceeds to finally buy some real books. poke2.gif

The #24 is SOLD for $275! yay.gif

I am putting the proceeds toward a Brave & the Bold #25 F/VF 7.0-ish (raw) that I just bought from a dealer. So, mission accomplished on both of your requests, Tim! Sold the Fury for a bundle and bought a 10 cent DC! cloud9.gif27_laughing.gif

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Wait a minute, you can't read this. You have me on ignore! confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh well, congrats anyway! thumbsup2.gif

poke2.gif
screwy.gif
Back off trollette!

Congrats! thumbsup2.gif

Wait a minute, you can't read this. You have me on ignore! confused-smiley-013.gif

Oh well, congrats anyway! thumbsup2.gif

poke2.gif
screwy.gif
Back off trollette!

27_laughing.gifpoke2.gif

Later....hellenic jerkette! acclaim.gif

So, mission accomplished on both of your requests, Tim! Sold the Fury for a bundle

frustrated.gif

and bought a 10 cent DC! cloud9.gif27_laughing.gif

893applaud-thumb.gif You know where to post it once you get it!

Man, as soon as I get that baby, I am going to post it in Technicolor. I've been looking for a nice copy of one of these forever! cloud9.gif

Man, as soon as I get that baby, I am going to post it in Technicolor. I've been looking for a nice copy of one of these forever! cloud9.gif

As nice as Aman's? poke2.gif

Pretty close from what I'm told! I was just looking for one in FN or better. This one's better. cloud9.gif