• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK guys here are the Sgt. Fury #24 and #25 CGC 9.4 Golden State Pedigree copies

118 posts in this topic

Because three of you who I know PM'ed me with requests to buy, I am going to open it to the floor. This is a first-come, first-served offer.

Although CGC does not list the Golden State pedigree on the label of ANY Golden State books (blame Dan Greenhalgh of Showcase New England for not keeping a proper inventory list for that one), these are the Golden State copies. I bought these from Tim Hui (you know him as fellow forumite tth2), who bought them from Dan Greenhalgh, so the provenance chain is traceable. Both copies are virtually unimprovable from a QP standpoint, with the covers perfectly centered top to bottom and left to right and the books cut perfectly square. The #25, with white pages and perfect QP, is almost certainly the best 9.4 in the census on an all-around basis. While you'll note that my scanner gives a slight yellowish tinge to the back covers, this is not how they look. Both back covers are snow white, immaculate, and beautiful. If you aren't satisfied, I will accept a return.

Just for the sake of reference, the Boston copy of #24 in CGC 9.6 (WHITE pages) sold for $500 within moments of listing on pedigreecomics.com. A non-pedigree copy of #25 in CGC 9.6 (OFF-WHITE pages) sold for $500 on pedigreecomics.com, also within moments of listing.

My prices are $300 each or $550 for the set. First person to PM gets them.

sgtfury24-94.jpg

sgtfury24-94b.jpg

sgtfury25-94.jpg

sgtfury25-94b.jpg

The Northland copy of 25 sold for 113 (and in Sep 2004 sold for 89 dollars), and the MH2 sold for 123. Both were 9.4's. The most expensive 9.4 to sell was the Mass at 235..???

Brian

OK, make that two interested buyers! Sorry Murph, but if you think I'm selling these for those ebay "no one's looking for Sgt. Furys right now" prices, you're nuts. If you can get them elsewhere for cheaper, go for it! Let me know how that works out for you. 27_laughing.gif

Sorry but I don't think your going to sell that 25 for MORE than the Mass copy went for. I could be wrong, but most people usually stick to past pricing to value books. Unless of course you're the guy who's on Doug's website buying everything at nosebleed prices. wink.gif

Brian

Sorry but I don't think your going to sell that 25 for MORE than the Mass copy went for. I could be wrong, but most people usually stick to past pricing to value books. Unless of course you're the guy who's on Doug's website buying everything at nosebleed prices. wink.gif

Brian

If that were true, prices wouldn't go up, would they?

Half of 9.6 value does not seem extreme for a 9.4, especially one with no writing and perfect QP. You don't want to pay that for the book? Fine. You can't buy it - period. confused-smiley-013.gif

Shrug, I don't see a ton of movement on a lot of stuff. Let alone a 100 percent jump.

I'm very interested to see if they sell, I think you have a shot on the 24 since none have been offered.. but I'm very skeptical on the 25.

Brian

Shrug, I don't see a ton of movement on a lot of stuff. Let alone a 100 percent jump.

I'm very interested to see if they sell, I think you have a shot on the 24 since none have been offered.. but I'm very skeptical on the 25.

Brian

What 100% jump? Do you have a scan of the Northland copy or the Mile High II copy? This is a different book. This #25 is a superb 9.4, a potential 9.6 resubmit candidate, and has perfect QP. Although Northlands generally have decent PQ, Mile High IIs typically do not, due to their warehouse storage conditions. Plus, when you're selling something on ebay (especially Sgt. Furys), there aren't typically a lot of people looking for them at any given time and prices realized tend to be low, as opposed to sales on sites with fixed prices, where when buyers are actually looking, they are willing to shell out for nice copies. Just ask Tim Hui, who tried unsuccessfully to sell these on ebay (wisely, with a reserve) before I bought them from him. Do you really think that #25 in 9.4 sells for $50 plus a $29 slabbing fee and CGC shipping costs? If so, then go get one! Hell, get two!

Oh come on. Don't give me the "potential 9.6" candidate spiel. If it was a 9.6, it'd either be slabbed as a 9.6 or you'd be resubmitting it.

I think #25 realistically sells for in the 150-175 range, but who knows. I'm still amazed at the prices Doug got on some of those bronze ASMs.

We will obviously have to agree to disagree, but I truly would like to know if you sell the books. Since it obviously wouldn't be reported on GPA.

Brian

Murph,

Don't take this personally but you are the marketplace thread killer if I ever saw one. 27_laughing.gif

No, he's just trying to get me to drop my prices to ludicrous levels on these books by playing the "But GPAnalysis says it's only worth X" game with me. Not going to happen. If he wants them for less, he can try to find someone willing to sell for less.

Remember, this is the guy who is asking for something like $2,700 for his vastly overgraded Amazing Spider-Man #13 CGC "9.2" that has 492 color-breaking spine stresses. 27_laughing.gif

You don't even know what I'm going to offer you for the books, but it's surely something ludicrous. Sorry to have brought up past sales numbers, obviously we should all just make up any number we like.

Brian

Thanks, Rick! There's some serious bending on the overflash on the top edge on the Northland copy, wouldn't you say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe, although not quite as bad as the corner ding on your copy. gossip.gif

Thanks, Rick! There's some serious bending on the overflash on the top edge on the Northland copy, wouldn't you say? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

True. I noticed that too. Yours is a beauty possibly not a 9.6 due to the wear at the tips of the spine. Did you get the grader's notes? confused.gif