• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK guys here are the Sgt. Fury #24 and #25 CGC 9.4 Golden State Pedigree copies

118 posts in this topic

OK, let me know next time you get a Chuck discount of 40-50% off on CGC graded Mile High IIs, liar. 27_laughing.gif

I bought numerous slabbed 9.4 MH2s at 50% off before the 20% off keyword added juice late last year. They had loads up at the time...

Jim

At this point, I could care less. Continue acting like an [#@$%!!!] for all I care. Take your ball and go home!

Man, the bad blood in this thread is why there's such a great advantage to selling low-supply books for at-market or above-market prices in an anonymous venue like ComicLink or Pedigree. crazy.gif Even though Murph is the only one voicing his feelings, I always feel that many collectors do hold hard feelings against sellers who put strong market prices on books that collector needs to finish their runs. crazy.gif In fact, I know collectors do, because I've been hearing those hard feelings in private conversations for years, as well as experiencing those same feelings myself at times. blush.gif

I just don't see the need to hijack a marketplace thread by openly debating why you think they are asking too much (especially if you have no intention of buying the book). Show some respect to the seller and if you don't like the price tag well then move on.

Here, Here thumbsup2.gif...........or just throw your barb and be done with it. i busted Divad over his spidey 121, but then shut up and left him to try and sell it.

i think giving a fellow forumite a small ration of s#@t over an asking price isn't a bad thing, but then drop it............ sumo.gif

let the market decide if the book is overpriced...........just IMHO.

I just don't see the need to hijack a marketplace thread by openly debating why you think they are asking too much (especially if you have no intention of buying the book). Show some respect to the seller and if you don't like the price tag well then move on.

Here, Here thumbsup2.gif...........or just throw your barb and be done with it. i busted Divad over his spidey 121, but then shut up and left him to try and sell it.

i think giving a fellow forumite a small ration of s#@t over an asking price isn't a bad thing, but then drop it............ sumo.gif

It's gonna SELL - I can just FEEL it 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

It's gonna SELL - I can just FEEL it 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

What are you "feeling" exactly or should I ask? blush.gifstooges.gif

At this point, I could care less. Continue acting like an [#@$%!!!] for all I care. Take your ball and go home!

Man, the bad blood in this thread is why there's such a great advantage to selling low-supply books for at-market or above-market prices in an anonymous venue like ComicLink or Pedigree. crazy.gif Even though Murph is the only one voicing his feelings, I always feel that many collectors do hold hard feelings against sellers who put strong market prices on books that collector needs to finish their runs. crazy.gif In fact, I know collectors do, because I've been hearing those hard feelings in private conversations for years, as well as experiencing those same feelings myself at times. blush.gif

I agree. It's better to just list the books on ComicLink and be done with it. To be honest with you, selling books in this forum is almost always a waste of time. This place is full of people who person_without_enough_empathyh and moan about asking prices as though the seller has some moral obligation to price his books as low as possible for "fellow forumites." Well, I bought this book from a fellow forumite and it wasn't at a cut-rate price.

Sometimes if you want to buy a book, you have to pay more than the people who got there before you did. And just because someone is a "collector" doesn't give them the right to a given book at a given price. If someone wants a book, they have to pay an amount that the seller is willing to sell the book for or they can't have it. If they think the price is too high, then negotiate with the seller (preferably in private). It doesn't do anyone (buyer, seller, or observer) any good to sit around and whine about the asking price. The price is too high? Fine. Either try to negotiate or move on and find another copy. But spare me the sense of entitlement, as though you are entitled to the book at the GPAnalysis 90-day average price.

I think Scott's sentiments are how many dealers feel about the complainers on these boards who remember the by gone time when HG could be had for fractions of what they go for now. Many board members plunk down going market rate or above market rate... others are big talkers who constantly complain.

If you don't like the price, don't buy it. It's really that simple. Obviously, I personally have no interest in Sgt. Fury and think the prices are "high"... because I don't want the book. If I did, I doubt that the way to negotiate a fair price is to publicly lash the seller.

I agree. It's better to just list the books on ComicLink and be done with it. To be honest with you, selling books in this forum is almost always a waste of time. This place is full of people who person_without_enough_empathyh and moan about asking prices as though the seller has some moral obligation to price his books as low as possible for "fellow forumites." Well, I bought this book from a fellow forumite and it wasn't at a cut-rate price.

Sometimes if you want to buy a book, you have to pay more than the people who got there before you did. And just because someone is a "collector" doesn't give them the right to a given book at a given price. If someone wants a book, they have to pay an amount that the seller is willing to sell the book for or they can't have it. If they think the price is too high, then negotiate with the seller (preferably in private). It doesn't do anyone (buyer, seller, or observer) any good to sit around and whine about the asking price. The price is too high? Fine. Either try to negotiate or move on and find another copy. But spare me the sense of entitlement, as though you are entitled to the book at the GPAnalysis 90-day average price.

True (you too Rudd)... sumo.gif

But spare me the sense of entitlement, as though you are entitled to the book at the GPAnalysis 90-day average price.

The seller also needs to understand that just because he paid X amount for a book doesn't mean that he's entitled to flip that cost to buyers or even be entitled to make money on the deal. One's foolish purchase, and I'm not saying you made one here, doesn't translate to others having to pay for it...

Jim

One's foolish purchase, and I'm not saying you made one here, doesn't translate to others having to pay for it...

One can try though. If the "tough" choice is between keeping two stunners like that or selling them for top dollar, well, I want that touch choice! hail.gif

The seller also needs to understand that just because he paid X amount for a book doesn't mean that he's entitled to flip that cost to buyers or even be entitled to make money on the deal. One's foolish purchase, and I'm not saying you made one here, doesn't translate to others having to pay for it...

Very true, which leads us back to..."If you don't want to buy it, move on!" smile.gif

But spare me the sense of entitlement, as though you are entitled to the book at the GPAnalysis 90-day average price.

Jim

No one is entitled to anything. But I don't see sellers whining constantly about not getting their selling prices. I see cheapasses whining here every day about books that are too expensive, only to see those same books sell to someone else who used his wallet instead of crying about the price in the hope that the comic fairy would waive her wand and lower the selling price. The bottom line is that I don't need to sell these books. I'd be willing to sell them for the right price, but unless I get my price, they're staying in my collection. And if they stay here for a long time, fine. I'm not going anywhere. confused-smiley-013.gif

Very true, which leads us back to..."If you don't want to buy it, move on!" smile.gif

See! Some people get the concept! Thank you sir! thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

My take is that the seller or dealer had every right to ask whatever he wants. The marketplace decides. Or the guy that just got a bonus check and has a little extra to indulge. If the seller is asking too high a price, the book will sit. End of story.

There's also the approach that I may have a book that I simply won't let go of unless I get a particular price. No harm in taking a flyer.

In this case, FFB put his price out there. I might pm him with a counter offer, but I would never admonish him because of the initial price he is asking....that would be schoolyard.

There are plenty of books that I see pop up on Pedigree or Comiclink with prices that raise my eyebrows. Sometimes my initial reaction is justified and they sit. Sometimes they move in the blink of an eye. Sometimes I've been the guy that pulled the trigger because it was a book I had to have. For what ever reason.