• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK guys here are the Sgt. Fury #24 and #25 CGC 9.4 Golden State Pedigree copies

118 posts in this topic

Scott has convinced me too. So I am selling my copy for $750. I have every right to ask for my price. If you don't like it then don't buy it.

Start your own thread, . makepoint.gif

I think there's a difference in asking high and asking insane prices. I know I've had this conversation with several dealers and their prices on high grade when they seem to be significantly above "ebay" prices... and the attitude is always the same... people are buying their HG books, at near the prices they set, so why would they start budging all of a sudden just because you don't think the book is worth it?

I just don't see the need to hijack a marketplace thread by openly debating why you think they are asking too much (especially if you have no intention of buying the book). Show some respect to the seller and if you don't like the price tag well then move on.

Here, Here thumbsup2.gif...........or just throw your barb and be done with it. i busted Divad over his spidey 121, but then shut up and left him to try and sell it.

i think giving a fellow forumite a small ration of s#@t over an asking price isn't a bad thing, but then drop it............ sumo.gif

let the market decide if the book is overpriced...........just IMHO.

It's gonna SELL - I can just FEEL it 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

What are you "feeling" exactly or should I ask? blush.gifstooges.gif

Something's stirring! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I think there's a difference in asking high and asking insane prices. I know I've had this conversation with several dealers and their prices on high grade when they seem to be significantly above "ebay" prices... and the attitude is always the same... people are buying their HG books, at near the prices they set, so why would they start budging all of a sudden just because you don't think the book is worth it?

I agree with 'hook, the market will decide. If a book sits and collects dust, it's up to the seller to decide whether it's worth it to reduce the price. If not, the book may continue to sit. They haven't lost money on that book, but they haven't made any money, either.

Sellers can ask whatever they want, and we all want to make as much as we can on the comics we're selling and pay as little as possible for the comics we're buying. If a seller paid too much and can't get their money back, as a (potential) buyer, that's not my problem. And if I'm the buyer who paid too much and want to get my money back but can't, if you're the buyer, that's not your problem.

People can post insane prices, but they most likely ain't gettin' it from me. But I'm also not going to publicly berate them just because I won't pay that price. I just move on and try to find a price that I am willing to pay.

This place is full of people who person_without_enough_empathyh and moan about asking prices as though the seller has some moral obligation to price his books as low as possible for "fellow forumites."

I feel left out. frown.gif When I made you an offer on those mid grade ASM 238 and 239 you told me I offered to much and then lowered the price. I guess I'm an over payer.....doh!

Let me try this.

Hey Scott! I'll give you $300 for both Sgt. Fury books!

Do I fit in better now? insane.gif

This place is full of people who person_without_enough_empathyh and moan about asking prices as though the seller has some moral obligation to price his books as low as possible for "fellow forumites."

I feel left out. frown.gif When I made you an offer on those mid grade ASM 238 and 239 you told me I offered to much and then lowered the price. I guess I'm an over payer.....doh!

Let me try this.

Hey Scott! I'll give you $300 for both Sgt. Fury books!

Do I fit in better now? insane.gif

893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Wow, all this bitterness over two crappy Sgt. Furys. Worst book of the Silver Age. By a LOT. poke2.gif

Dan, have you ever actually read any Sgt Fury's, whether written by Stan Lee or Roy Thomas? They're great stories!

was passing on the entire sgt fury series for $1.50 a book a bad move? (no, i had to take the whole thing. couldn't have just #1 for $1.50) sure, they averaged about a VG for the first half of the run and maybe a Fine for the second half, but carbonaro was in one of his wheeling and dealing moods that day. i should have gone for it. (yes, it was 10 years ago, which puts it in perspective)

i really don't understand the collector outrage about overpriced books (where the terms are clear, etc.). don't buy them! there will be others out there. this isn't a monopoly situation. this isn't the first guy to try and get 300-400% of the 9.2 price for 9.4 slabs. worth a shot!

was passing on the entire sgt fury series for $1.50 a book a bad move? (no, i had to take the whole thing. couldn't have just #1 for $1.50) sure, they averaged about a VG for the first half of the run and maybe a Fine for the second half, but carbonaro was in one of his wheeling and dealing moods that day. i should have gone for it. (yes, it was 10 years ago, which puts it in perspective)

i really don't understand the collector outrage about overpriced books (where the terms are clear, etc.). don't buy them! there will be others out there. this isn't a monopoly situation. this isn't the first guy to try and get 300-400% of the 9.2 price for 9.4 slabs. worth a shot!

Not only is it worth a shot, but just to bring things full circle, the Mile High 2 copy of #25 with identical grade and PQ just sold on ComicLink for $255 (MORE than the Mass copy sold for, Murph), and I just got a $275 bid on my #24 CGC 9.4 on ComicLink.

27_laughing.gif

Take that, alla ya cheap @sses! makepoint.gif

just to bring things full circle, the Mile High 2 copy of #25 with identical grade and PQ just sold on ComicLink for $255 (MORE than the Mass copy sold for, Murph), and I just got a $275 bid on my #24 CGC 9.4 on ComicLink.

27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif I don't know who's a bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person, the buyers paying these prices or me for selling them to you so cheap! frustrated.gif

Oh well, good thing I'm finally getting around to packing up most of the rest of my GS Fury's to ship to CGC. Wonder if I'll get the same run of 9.8s, marred only by 1 9.6 and the 2 9.4s that I sold you? confused-smiley-013.gif

just to bring things full circle, the Mile High 2 copy of #25 with identical grade and PQ just sold on ComicLink for $255 (MORE than the Mass copy sold for, Murph), and I just got a $275 bid on my #24 CGC 9.4 on ComicLink.

27_laughing.gif

foreheadslap.gif I don't know who's a bigger insufficiently_thoughtful_person, the buyers paying these prices or me for selling them to you so cheap! frustrated.gif

Oh well, good thing I'm finally getting around to packing up most of the rest of my GS Fury's to ship to CGC. Wonder if I'll get the same run of 9.8s, marred only by 1 9.6 and the 2 9.4s that I sold you? confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.giftakeit.gif

Congrats on the nice bid. Are you going to accept the offer?

tth2 - Good luck on the next batch of Fury's!

No, I am going to hold out for $300 on the #24. I have the Golden State #25 listed for $250 but the buyer wanted a Mile High 2 copy instead, apparently. screwy.gif

You drive a hard bargain, my friend. Don't you know that everyone wants and deserves a discount? 27_laughing.gif

Discount? What's that? Is that like a Count who got demoted? confused.gif