• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

23 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

This.

All day, this.

image06.jpg

I talked to Jae Lee about this cover, told him I liked it and that it was great! his reaction was, "cool, thanks!" then I had to confess even if it was a little weird and didn't match his current style..... he just said thanks again....

17 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
42 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

This.

All day, this.

image06.jpg

I talked to Jae Lee about this cover, told him I liked it and that it was great! his reaction was, "cool, thanks!" then I had to confess even if it was a little weird and didn't match his current style..... he just said thanks again....

I don't think that he noticed the thinly veiled sarcasm, so I had to own my words lol He was preoccupied talking about sketches at the time anyway though....

4 hours ago, sagekilz said:

Marvel_Comics_Presents_Vol_1_4.jpg

There are few things worse in life than a poorly rendered portrayal of a muscly bloke's arse cheeks in a skimpy leotard. With thigh high boots.

always remember:

1. The artist is frequently told what to draw ( often times it is very specific in instructions ) so the "creativity" you are all asking for is taken out of the equation.

2. They got paid for the stuff you are posting.

8 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

always remember:

1. The artist is frequently told what to draw ( often times it is very specific in instructions ) so the "creativity" you are all asking for is taken out of the equation.

"Please draw a muscly bloke's arse cheeks in a skimpy leotard. With thigh high boots".

9 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

2. They got paid for the stuff you are posting.

They did. It's called 'obtaining money under false pretences'. 

40 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

There are few things worse in life than a poorly rendered portrayal of a muscly bloke's arse cheeks in a skimpy leotard. With thigh high boots.

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

"Please draw a muscly bloke's arse cheeks in a skimpy leotard. With thigh high boots".

They did. It's called 'obtaining money under false pretences'. 

21dr.gif

4 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

That's better drawing.

But he is Pink :foryou:lol Glow in the dark Pink!! :sumo:

I feel you, I've often wondered if an artist can make it by simply having a vivid imagination..... then I think other artists say, well this is how you do it better and this is how we always get something similar in tone ... 

0a305c54-eedd-47ee-8678-19c1a11f3f3a.jpg  :shy: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

But he is Pink :foryou:lol Glow in the dark Pink!! :sumo:

I feel you, I've often wondered if an artist can make it by simply having a vivid imagination..... then I think other artists say, well this is how you do it better and this is how we always get something similar in tone ... 

0a305c54-eedd-47ee-8678-19c1a11f3f3a.jpg  :shy: 

I'm saying nothing for fear of getting the dreaded sad face again. 

3 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Any cover contribution to this thread should rightfully receive a sad face instead of a like

Image result for sad face gif

I think I shared this in another bad covers thread some time ago, but I'll add it to the record here as well. I don't have much to say about it, as I think it speaks for itself. 

RtcvKOi.jpg

On 10/12/2017 at 12:09 AM, maidenmate91 said:

I actually dig it, some kid did it guys. It's a really cool process, and the mosaic style works well in my opinion. I just hope there are aren't a hundred like variants that start popping up. I feel it's best just being this for now.

This post didn't age well..... There are so many shattered variants now. Ugh

Enjoyed all 22 pages of this thread full of questionable cover choices.  I have wondered how some of these covers do get approved and how a team of individuals says "lets go with that!".  Art is definitely subjective as discussed with some choices here making me ask myself why they are in this thread.   With that being said, i'll add a few that are on my personal list that I haven't seen in the thread.

captainamericawestern.jpg

spiderwomanpregnant.jpg

detail.jpg