• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

On 4/4/2019 at 5:39 AM, Foley said:
On 4/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, Avi said:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTEvNjg1L29yaWdpbmFsL01BSk9SWDAwMV9TRUNfUFJOVEdfQ1ZSLmpwZz8xNTUzODg3Njkx

I'm reminded of the first thought I had when I saw Kylo Ren's face...

"Put the helmet back on!!!"

Orrible isn't it Ryan. They say Liefeld can't do feet. Well he clearly cant do knobs either!

On 5/4/2015 at 1:31 AM, UltraMaximus said:

Where are the Liefeld "Broken Back" female poses?

Hah. Very true - I remember all those female characters that were anorexic and had "broken back" syndrome.

Mind you, the poses were also often off on the classic covers. I once tried to imitate Thor's pose from the cover of Silver Surfer #4. Awkward and painful!

4 hours ago, World Devourer said:

Hah. Very true - I remember all those female characters that were anorexic and had "broken back" syndrome.

Mind you, the poses were also often off on the classic covers. I once tried to imitate Thor's pose from the cover of Silver Surfer #4. Awkward and painful!

Image result for rob liefeld broken back female

54 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Image result for rob liefeld broken back female

I did a great thread on this years back and the mods pulled the whole lot. The rotters. That backs quite handy though isn't it. Somewhere to rest your pint. 

5 hours ago, deadleg said:

The 90s sure were a weird time. 

They sure we're.  But they were also the last time that music was any good, and kids varied in appearance. 

5 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:
18 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

s-l1600.thumb.jpg.a76d266c0b3e6b4f6c2eb697184ce781.jpg

I, witness...

In HORROR..

A very scary cover

Odd cover isn't it. New to me, I saw it on eBay recently. The faces in the background seem competent - great even. But the central Superman image? What on Earth / Krypton....? :|

7 hours ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Odd cover isn't it. New to me, I saw it on eBay recently. The faces in the background seem competent - great even. But the central Superman image? What on Earth / Krypton....? :|

Kevin nowlan had some great pieces early in his career. But later he just started being either too sloppy or artsy. Either way it didn't work :-/

On 4/11/2019 at 5:06 PM, Get Marwood & I said:
On 4/4/2019 at 5:39 AM, Foley said:
On 4/3/2019 at 9:40 PM, Avi said:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8yNTEvNjg1L29yaWdpbmFsL01BSk9SWDAwMV9TRUNfUFJOVEdfQ1ZSLmpwZz8xNTUzODg3Njkx

I'm reminded of the first thought I had when I saw Kylo Ren's face...

"Put the helmet back on!!!"

Orrible isn't it Ryan. They say Liefeld can't do feet. Well he clearly cant do knobs either!

Ken.jpg.08bd9a60eb8481373c9bfbed94767ec6.jpg

On 3/9/2018 at 1:02 PM, ExNihilo said:

What's wrong with this cover?  The simplicity of it enhances the serious nature of the story that lies within.  (Similar to the all black cover of ASMv2 #36).  The last few pages are some of my favorite Spidey moments.

A cardboard epitaph! It seems fitting for the way they exhumed this story! At least the actress who played May stayed dead...or did she?! :wink: