• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

17 hours ago, Davidone said:

So unfortunate that this horrible cover will probably end up being a very significant book 😂

IRON-MAN-7-FRONT.jpg

Cor, that's awful.

I bet the original pencil drawing had promise, but the colouring has killed it. If her eyes were any further apart they'd be ears :p 

eyes.PNG.5183e1e622c0e5d70c8733f77971a83b.PNG A trip to the dentist wouldn't go amiss either. 

On 6/24/2019 at 1:07 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cor, that's awful.

I bet the original pencil drawing had promise, but the colouring has killed it. If her eyes were any further apart they'd be ears :p 

eyes.PNG.5183e1e622c0e5d70c8733f77971a83b.PNG A trip to the dentist wouldn't go amiss either. 

I think you're confusing a highlight on the lower lip to be teeth… as I did at first

2 hours ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

I think you're confusing a highlight on the lower lip to be teeth… as I did at first

Oh man, you are right.  Now I see it as lips instead of teeth!  THANK YOU, it was nightmare fuel as teeth.

On 7/10/2019 at 6:56 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Wow, same here for me.

It doesn’t make the cover any better, but maybe not as atrociously bad...

On 6/15/2019 at 8:55 AM, Aweandlorder said:

Thank you for contributing these horrible covers 🙏🏻

Welcome to the boards :)

But... Eliopoulas has been doing this since the 90's? I remember his short strips since something like the post Heroes Return era? Pacheco-era X-Men, perhaps? How is it dodgy if it's a style he's been using for over 20 years?

On 7/10/2019 at 11:56 PM, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:
On 6/24/2019 at 6:07 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

Cor, that's awful.

Yes, probably. And I think I also confused the eight foot gap between her eyes with an eight.... No. No, that doesn't work does it hm