• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

AmazingSpider-Man678MaryJaneVenom.jpg

Yea I said it :sumo:

I'm on your team - that's just bat sh it lol

...and yet you'd both be jumping for joy and fast tracking it through CGC if either one of you happened to hit the jackpot and stumble across even a VF copy in a back issue box at your LCS. lol:baiting:

-J.

Right, but that's because we like money, not the cover :insane:

Guessing you dislike JRJR? haha

I would take Ramos over JRJR anyday.

JRJR had great potential. His Daredevil inked by Al Williamson is a little masterpiece. He just got lazy, and schematized his style to a "default".

Ramos may be "nice" in some poses, but he does not have a clue on how the human body is made, or works.

My vote goes to this one, but I am sure there are worse examples…

AVX-GambitSpiderWoman-Ramos.jpg

Actually Allreed attains pleasant results when he wants… I loved this well thought homage to an old Fantastic Four cover (and the cover is absolutely about the story inside, not like many of these "variants"… :sick: ).

3041202-ffcover.jpg

He has improved a lot since he started drawing Marvels. Problem is when he lets his "unsettled" psychedelic underground fancy free… and I just believe Silver Surfer takes a certain degree of skill to be drawn properly… :shrug:

It's all about your opinion with this -- I personally love Mike Allred artwork.

Very fun and free not trying to fit inside a box. He is more influenced by layout and creativity than mimicking 90's artist's that most guys in the industry are doing nowadays.

Very fun and free not trying to fit inside a box. He is more influenced by layout and creativity than mimicking 90's artist's that most guys in the industry are doing nowadays.

Allred got his chops from Fred Hembeck

AmazingSpider-Man678MaryJaneVenom.jpg

Yea I said it :sumo:

I'm on your team - that's just bat sh it lol

...and yet you'd both be jumping for joy and fast tracking it through CGC if either one of you happened to hit the jackpot and stumble across even a VF copy in a back issue box at your LCS. lol:baiting:

-J.

Right, but that's because we like money, not the cover :insane:

I like both. :cloud9:

-J.

I'd take Mike Allred over pretty much anything most of you probably love.

If I was to compare Allred's work to anyone it would have to be Keith Giffen.. They both could be BRILLIANT artists when they wanted to and really really crappy when they didnt

I suppose you were replying to natevegas, because I said I appreciate it. And I believe my criticism is balanced.

Allred is somewhat brilliant, aside from taste. I just did not find him 100% fit with a Marvel comic, but now they allow so many artists that are bad, not just a question of taste.

CD78YAkVIAAb2L1.jpg

^ I did NOT make this up.

That's real? Jesus...

Da fcuk did i just see?

^^ hands down, competition over (thumbs u

:facepalm:

What in the name of in ity 's is that!?!