• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Worst modern covers ever
3 3

561 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Aweandlorder said:
8 minutes ago, Marwood & I said:

Who's responsible for that atrocity? David, Egeland or Shum?

59612da630c0e_2017-07-0819_52_40.png.396fdba498bb624c96b7ada4012a5f23.png

I think the cover artist was on vacation that week so they got the Jenette kahn's grandkid to do it

If I was Shum, I'd keep it schtum...

4 minutes ago, Aweandlorder said:

Didn't Danny Rampling played at Shoom? Waitasec...

different forum ?

If he did......

Image result for danny rampling shoom gif

....he'd probably have played Shzoom:

On 10/7/2017 at 9:21 PM, Desmo850 said:

This is one of the worst covers I have ever seen... ?

08647B46-33AB-4C95-8191-230ACCEC9F80.jpeg

Uh, you guys DO realize that it's an homage/reference to a fairly classic Byrne cover, right? I mean, I don't like this cover myself, but the complaints about the humor shoulda been lodged about 30 years ago.

shulkie.jpg

(To be fair, Shulkie seems to have some wonky anatomy issues going on in the original as well.)

And of course, this one.

shulkie2.jpg

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

Uh, you guys DO realize that it's an homage/reference to a fairly classic Byrne cover, right? I mean, I don't like this cover myself, but the complaints about the humor shoulda been lodged about 30 years ago.

shulkie.jpg

I was aware of the original cover, I totally forgot that the text was there - I'm getting old.

5 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

I don't hate that cover, but I also suddenly feel like re-tiling my bathroom.

I actually dig it, some kid did it guys. It's a really cool process, and the mosaic style works well in my opinion. I just hope there are aren't a hundred like variants that start popping up. I feel it's best just being this for now.

15 hours ago, maidenmate91 said:

I actually dig it, some kid did it guys. It's a really cool process, and the mosaic style works well in my opinion. I just hope there are aren't a hundred like variants that start popping up. I feel it's best just being this for now.

The original piece is very cool, I will agree. Looks horrible on a comic, IMO, because it doesn't provide any depth like the original art. The artist isn't a kid though.

Edited by ygogolak

24 minutes ago, ygogolak said:

The original piece is very cool, I will agree. Looks horrible on a comic, IMO, because it doesn't provide any depth like the original art. The artist isn't a kid though.

huh.... I stand corrected lol

Idk why I thought it was a young man. (shrug) Your right though, the original piece is badass compared to the cover.