• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Darth Vader 3 Speculation...Really??
1 1

76 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mec3437 said:

I sold a 9.8 of variant a couple years ago when it was still in the $230ish range.  Saw some of those going for around $1k.  Pretty cool.  Be even more cool had i held onto it for a bit.  

Always thought the Larroca variant is a really sharp cover but the ones I had are long gone as well. 

On 5/8/2015 at 11:51 AM, revat said:

If there's one thing I've learned regarding the value of first appearances in comics over the last few years, its that characters showing up in movies and television is IRRELEVANT. Not LESS relevant, but IRRELEVANT. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times, comic characters showing up in movies or tv has no effect on the value of their first appearances. 

2015 was a different world...🧐

On 2/12/2021 at 6:32 AM, Dan82 said:
  • ️ #4 This Week: CGC 9.8 sold for $2,500

dv3sl.jpg

Is this for real? I have two of the variant and I know for sure I sold one about two years ago for £40. I need to get them graded don't I?

This book has been heating up for a while. I sold my 9.8 copy for $1200 in early December. I can live with that price but this is only going to go up in future. When Aphra does get announced in live action this will fly.

You really should get them graded as even lower grades will get good prices.

Edited by Jitstark

Yep. Bought a bunch when it first came out, I've sold 5-6 copies over the years, never for more than $15. Last sale was in '17. Never even saw a variant until it was priced "too high" for me LOL!

So Imma just gonna hold onto the rest of these here for if and when she appears in a show, and always always be on the lookout for more at HPB etc.

20210215_225358-1.jpg

Edited by jcjames

On 2/12/2021 at 5:07 PM, BrooksR said:
On 5/8/2015 at 11:51 AM, revat said:

If there's one thing I've learned regarding the value of first appearances in comics over the last few years, its that characters showing up in movies and television is IRRELEVANT. Not LESS relevant, but IRRELEVANT. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times, comic characters showing up in movies or tv has no effect on the value of their first appearances. 

Expand  

2015 was a different world...🧐

Can’t speak for him, but he may have been speaking of value post appearance. Seems like ever since the TWD show premiered, movie/tv news has driven 80% of value increases in modern books. 

On 5/8/2015 at 8:51 AM, revat said:

+1000

I totally agree. If there's one thing I've learned regarding the value of first appearances in comics over the last few years, its that characters showing up in movies and television is IRRELEVANT. Not LESS relevant, but IRRELEVANT. If I've seen it once, I've seen it a thousand times, comic characters showing up in movies or tv has no effect on the value of their first appearances. The ONLY thing that drives value changes in 1st app comics is their long term use in comic stories. This theory is easily proven, just look at Diablo, Gambit, Felcity Smoak, Thanos, Ultron, Preacher, Governor, Mchionne, Negan, Alias, Purple Man, Slipknot, Crystal Frost, Archangel, Apocalypse, Four Horseman, Psylocke, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Constantine, Captain Marvel, Vixen. No value changes AT all related to television/movies.

I feel like people have been quoting my post from five years ago.  Now I’m not sure if they’re quoting me out of sarcasm, but I was definitely quoting the previous dude out of sarcasm at the time and piling on additional hyperbole, who was saying that movie/tv appearances were irrelevant.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:37 PM, Dan82 said:

Who knew? Comics are crazy! I've literally not touched these since I bought them and placed them in mylar. Slightly miffed I sold my third copy of the variant. But such is life, I thought it was a win at the time LOL

I sold my other three right away back then for $60 - $80 apiece as it was still a hot today and replaced by another variant in two weeks market. That covered the cost of all of the regular issues I bought. Now, the smart play is to keep the ratio variant and latest printing of the 1st appearance and dump the regular covers to pay for the purchase. lol 

13 hours ago, icp004 said:

I’d like to see this one go nuts.  I’ve got a small stack of these.  I used to give them away as freebies on eBay sales. 

FAFD812B-DA47-4F6F-96C6-FB0A0DCD3341.jpeg

If history has shown us anything, all this needs is a bit more time to take off...........