• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Power Girl - Key Issues

81 posts in this topic

Well I was the first one to comment on the All Star 58 9.8 on clink because I was ready to bid high on it, till it got away from me. Sooooo I'll have to settle for this copy I purchased. Very happy with it considering it was $3000 cheaper than that 9.8 lol.

Vane, lmk if you ever go sell yours :)

b219d556-a969-4fd5-aa58-4d7f9493a0bc.jpg

Vane - you do have some nice stuff. :grin: Still got that early FF I sold you? hm Or did you flip it? hm hm

what is FF?

Fantastic Four most likely.....Sweet books btw.

And I always thought it was Famous Funnies. :gossip:lol

I don't really collect Marvel. I was thinking he was talking about Freedom Fighters.

Well I was the first one to comment on the All Star 58 9.8 on clink because I was ready to bid high on it, till it got away from me. Sooooo I'll have to settle for this copy I purchased. Very happy with it considering it was $3000 cheaper than that 9.8 lol.

Vane, lmk if you ever go sell yours :)

The one you're seeing is that my wife bought it several years ago for me. It was a Christmas present. I'm not letting that one go. BUT I do have another copy.

You can make me an offer.

Here's the second copy below.

23377782479_eb7682f79e_b.jpg

23719592546_e9041713a4_b.jpg

Edited by vane

The Hughes covers aren't "keys" because of the story, as the OP was asking about. But yes, there are a handful of tough issues to find from that series.

Judging by the covers they look more like mouthfuls to me

You've got an awfully large mouth . . . :grin:

tig ol'...

This got me thinking about her being in a movie. I don't think there is anyway that she could be in a movie with a chest like that. Women would go crazy.

Kate Upton and I think the men would go crazy.

There's a All-Star Comics #58 9.8 CGC for sales on eBay for $3,700 :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/All-star-Comics-58-9-8-1st-appearance-Power-Girl-/291646041606?hash=item43e7756e06:g:gwMAAOSw~otWfCdn

I'm guessing everyone is trying to cash in because of the recent sale on comiclink.com last month.

Their are a couple for upcoming auctions.

Here's one on comicconnect

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=650278

And comiclink

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3FFocusedOnly%3D1%26where%3Dauctions%26title%3Dall%2Bstar%2Bcomics%2B%252358%26ItemType%3DCB%23Item%5F1100029&id=1100029#detail

Edited by vane

Nice to see a PowerGirl thread. She's a very recent infatuation with me. I love the Amanda Connor series and it prompted me to get a ASC #58 this past year. Unfortunately, I REALLY overpaid for my 9.6 W, albeit it's the nicest 9.6 I've ever seen (not sure why it's not a 9.8).

Anyway, not a key, but PowerGirl #27 seems to be REALLY popular. That cover just bowls you over.

1 hour ago, dikran1 said:

I meant that 5 years later, that 3500$ sale for ASC58 9.8 isn't looking that great...

LOL.  The $1,111 I paid for my 9.6 wasn't that great either.  Still, it's by far the best looking 9.6 I've ever seen.  Still wondering why it's not a 9.8.

RAD04C002016422_103232.jpg

Edited by Brian48

3 hours ago, Brian48 said:

LOL.  The $1,111 I paid for my 9.6 wasn't that great either.  Still, it's by far the best looking 9.6 I've ever seen.  Still wondering why it's not a 9.8.

RAD04C002016422_103232.jpg

Very nice! There's lots of upside for that book at current prices IMHO, I just bought mine a couple weeks ago and its nowhere near as nice as that!