• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics to scoop up quietly

110 posts in this topic

Is that lone 9.8 yours? Always a book I wanted to pick up in high grade but haven't gotten around to it. Just have my F/VF or so raw one in my run.
Nope. Just pulled it from some site gallery. Wanted to show the CGC label notations. Or lack of. ;)

[ Batman 258 ]

Yeah, that one is criminally undervalued. If they'd put Arkham on the cover it would be worth 5x what it is now.

Criminally and insanely undervalued? (pun intended) lol:shy:

What a joker.

I agree though, the price is nuts.

I think Arcades first was team-up 65.

Wow - I guess I should have done some research before grabbing those copies of 66. I like the cover of 66 better then the 65 but 65 it is.

A NON-cheesecake title I almost always pick up when I can--and has already appreciated but still has a lot of room to grow: Marvelman.

The originals. From the 1950s. They're incredibly rare, but considering this is a character that's about to have NEW stories by Neil Gaiman...and will be in print forever from Marvel Comics...and may even eventually join the Marvel Universe...the chance to pick up a 1950s issue for $10 or $20?

The supply on ebay has started to dry up--I only see three or four issues up there now, but they do show up and they can often be won for $20 or less. Not a short-term flip, but long-term? Oh, yes.

Hopefully Jonathan - since I have two-thirds of the run :cloud9:

Wow - I guess I should have done some research before grabbing those copies of 66. I like the cover of 66 better then the 65 but 65 it is.

It's the first U.S. appearance of Captain Britain as well. I was going to add that one to the list.

A NON-cheesecake title I almost always pick up when I can--and has already appreciated but still has a lot of room to grow: Marvelman.

The originals. From the 1950s. They're incredibly rare, but considering this is a character that's about to have NEW stories by Neil Gaiman...and will be in print forever from Marvel Comics...and may even eventually join the Marvel Universe...the chance to pick up a 1950s issue for $10 or $20?

The supply on ebay has started to dry up--I only see three or four issues up there now, but they do show up and they can often be won for $20 or less. Not a short-term flip, but long-term? Oh, yes.

Hopefully Jonathan - since I have two-thirds of the run :cloud9:

Hopefully not soon, Ewan, as I hope to buy some of those from you!

A lot of copies out there for under $20. With the rise in psylocke hype, she's a strong candidate for a solo film, and captain Britain could/should be worked in.

Idk who owns Arcade, but he could easily be worked into one of the television shows or movies. Thanks for bringing this book up.

"Comics to scoop up quietly"..........

.........until you start a thread about it in CG. ;)

Very very very quietly......D'oh!

GRjHvA9.gif

"Comics to scoop up quietly"..........

.........until you start a thread about it in CG. ;)

Well, for the most part I'm not listing the ones I don't have yet! ;)

Yeah, not a lot of people lining up to contribute their favorite 'scoops'!

Here are a couple - The maximum carnage storyline went for fourteen issues through five Spidey titles. I pick them up for a buck apiece when I see them.

Also, Amazing Spider-man volume 2 issues 20-52. Apart from issue 36 and some of the Campbell covers they really don't see much action, but I pick these up when I see them thinking that ASM completists will be looking for them eventually.

(shrug)

A lot of copies out there for under $20. With the rise in psylocke hype, captain Britain should get a mention. She's a strong candidate for a solo film. Idk who owns Arcade, but he could easily be worked into one of the television shows or movies. Thanks for bringing this book up.

She's not a strong candidate for a solo film. There's no past evidence suggest that a film with an Asian female lead with a British accent (though debatable if Olivia Munn is doing an accent) would have success domestically, or that Olivia Munn can be a standalone lead AND that she would have the physicality to do so. Nor is the character well known enough or the actress well known enough for worldwide appeal. X-Men movies HAVE to be big budget studio movies, so you couldn't just put out a 'nice' movie and make 'some' money. This would be equivalent to 'Lucy', but with an Asian actress with 1/50th (or less) the fame of Scarlet Johannson, and 1/3, the physicality, who is also Asian, and where the -script is somewhat restricted by canon, and also riddled with higher expectations.

Note: This is not meant to be disrespectful to Asian American actors and actresses. There are plenty of good and bad ones out there. The current movie/media market domestically simply has not reached a point where big budget box office movies can be carried financially with a solo Asian lead.

Note: This is also not a shot at Olivia Munn. While I like her and her acting (esp in Newssroom), she didn't seem like the obvious choice for Psylocke, but admittedly I'm not a casting director or anything like that. She might yet be a movie star, but she certainly isn't now.

Lastly, if MARVEL didn't think they could successfully make a Black Widow movie with Scarlet Johanson (and Lucy did aight), what would make ANYONE think Fox would even consider making an Olivia Munn Pyslocke movie?