• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics to scoop up quietly

110 posts in this topic

I agree with asm 129. It's heating up. 2 more for you guys. Tales to astonish 44. First wasp. Marvel needs more female superheroes and Antman is coming soon.

Also adventure comics 260. First silver age aquaman!!

Word on the street is that Punisher will be the villain in Daredevil season 2 on netflix. Will any of that push interest in a book everyone who collects already knows about probably not. The reason things like Hulk 271 can explode is because a lot of collectors and people who read comics and general never gave a about Rocket before the movie but everyone who's ever heard of comic books is well aware of the punisher

I think there's a lot of room to grow and they can still be had for 2 or 3 bucks so I've been scooping up X-Force #2. It's Deadpool's second appearance and who doesn't love deadpool? Plus ya know.. movies and such

Thor 134 first High Evolutionary

Thor 131 first Tana Nile this is a great character who could make a movie app as the colonizers are a great story arc

FF 19 First Rama Tut/Kang

I think Silver Age FF books are incredibly undervalued right now. Yes, the occasional 1st Black Panther or Inhumans book is blowing up here and there, but so many classic stories and character introductions and they're normally available really cheaply almost everywhere.

It's a great time to buy.

How about the Thor run around issues #146 to #150 with the origin of the Inhumans and their individual members? I believe this may also be their first appearance outside their FF run. Might be a sleeper run if the Inhumans movie ever gets made as planned.

Although they are already somewhat high in OS at $135 for top of guide, it's interesting to note that these particular issues have not yet been broken out from the run on a price valuation point of view. :gossip:

I think Silver Age FF books are incredibly undervalued right now. Yes, the occasional 1st Black Panther or Inhumans book is blowing up here and there, but so many classic stories and character introductions and they're normally available really cheaply almost everywhere.

It's a great time to buy.

How about the Thor run around issues #146 to #150 with the origin of the Inhumans and their individual members? I believe this may also be their first appearance outside their FF run. Might be a sleeper run if the Inhumans movie ever gets made as planned.

Although they are already somewhat high in OS at $135 for top of guide, it's interesting to note that these particular issues have not yet been broken out from the run on a price valuation point of view. :gossip:

The Inhumans movie will definitely get made (likely more than one movie), but even if it doesn't (it will) the fact that Marvel is pushing them so hard in the comics is reason enough to consider those books.

-J.

I just quietly scooped up all the things I have to ship out in the next few hours.

I also quietly scooped a bunch of things that I have to write up and scan to go to Florida for the summer. So far there are 10 books slated to head south for the summer.