• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Noooo Legion?

Uggh

Legion wasn't around during the Demon Bear Saga (New Mutants Vol. 1 #18 - 20). Legion came about afterwards in NM #25. So very close

Supposedly there is a post-credits scene with the introduction of a character. Maybe it could be him.

I'm glad people are liking the new trailer but its still looks hokey to me.  Kind of has a Nick At night teem slasher vibe to it and I'm not partial to those.  it does appear Magik will be the break out character from what i can see.

11 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I'm glad people are liking the new trailer but its still looks hokey to me.  Kind of has a Nick At night teem slasher vibe to it and I'm not partial to those.  it does appear Magik will be the break out character from what i can see.

As she really should be. What they did to that character still chafes me. Her death was tragic

Any idea of the budget on this film? I do not have the highest box office expectations,  especially if it is viewed as Fox left overs.  If it was a relatively cheap film to make. It could still turn a profit.

I think the biggest problem it faces, besides being a good movie, is separating itself from the old X- Men universe.

I was going to post this in a different thread... :insane:

The New Mutants: 10 Things You Need To Know About The (Potential) Villain, Demon Bear

Demon-Bear-Feature.jpg?q=50&fit=crop&w=7

10 HAUNTING MOONSTAR

Moonstar, who is sometimes known as Mirage, is a member of the New Mutants that has been targeted most by Demon Bear. The young member of the Cheyenne Nation has experienced multiple nightmares about the creature. It haunts her when she closes her eyes and has manifested itself into reality, chasing her down and trying to kill her by any means possible. Although she is the chief target of the attacks, the bear has still tried to harm plenty of other people.

9 MIRAGE'S PARENTS

The reason that the Bear is usually hunting Moonstar is that it has a personal connection to her. Moonstar lived most of her life as an orphan and was brought up by tribe leader Black Eagle. Her parents were supposedly killed by the Demon Bear. In actuality what happened was her parents were mutated into this monstrous creature against their will. They therefore make up the Demon Bear and when it was defeated the pair actually fell out of it, reverting back to their human forms.

4 POWERS

The powers of the bear are varied. For starters, it's larger than a normal bear, with enhanced strength, long sharp teeth and claws and a surprising amount of speed. It's very good at tracking and has a number of mutant abilities too. It clearly possesses a ridiculous rage which moves him into a violent state. We've previously mentioned how he took the New Mutants to the Badlands; this was through another ability, the use of teleportation which he utilizes to get around.

3 POSSESSION

One of the other abilities of the Demon Bear is that he can actually possess humans and turn them into some kind of slave. We've seen this a couple of times and we could imagine it happening as part of the threat in the upcoming film. The bear can actually take a human and turn them into a Native American warrior using his curse. They mindlessly follow orders and this can actually happen to allies, as it did with Tom Corsi and Sharon Friedlander.

The New Mutants director reveals whether it's connected to X-Men movies

Many fans have questioned how closely The New Mutants will tie into the X-Men series of films and director Josh Boone has the answers. Speaking to Digital Spy and other press on a set visit in 2017 when the movie was shooting, he revealed that his movie is "absolutely an X-Men movie" – but with some vital differences.

"There's references and things that happen that are part of the greater whole, but we very much wanted it to tonally and aesthetically stand on its own," Boone said.

"It's very grounded and very credible and because we shot it in a real location, it just will never look like a typical comic book movie where there's a lot of green screen, and everything sort of looks like there's a painted sheen of CGI across it.

"We're really going for something not an indie movie, but a little more rough around the edges like that."

Boone also revealed that he is hoping for some kind of official connection to be made between The New Mutants and the other X-Men movies (although that may have been scuppered by that Disney / Fox deal), but that the tonal differences between the films may make this difficult.

"I'm sure in some world in the future, these things will all connect, but these movies will stand on their own.

"If you put all the X-Men kids from a PG-13 X-Men movie into Deadpool, it'd be a weird match. This is sort of the same way. I'd be interested to see how they were able to do that because the tone of ours is so different."