• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official New Mutants Movie News
1 1

485 posts in this topic

I'm RICH!

(Print run for MGN #4 was probably in the 100-200k range.)

lol so the census is low because no one wanted to bother paying the slabbing fee

Can I be rich too?

I'm RICH!

(Print run for MGN #4 was probably in the 100-200k range.)

lol so the census is low because no one wanted to bother paying the slabbing fee

Can I be rich too?

Well...

MGNs were, and are, a pain in the arse to store, and lug around. They are heavy as hell. Because of their magazine size, not a lot were saved in any great numbers in high grade. I suspect that, due to their obscene initial costs ($4.95 and $5.95, when comics were 60 cents!), that 95% or more were saved...but not very many would remain in 9.6-9.8 type condition.

Plus, they're magazines for sub purposes, and mags cost a fortune to grade relative to comics.

Remember that book that couldn't be given away, New Mutants #1, with a gizzillion eBay listings? It's been picked over on the 'Bay, just some scraps left over.

…and I just gave a copy away for free last week!

I am selling a NM #87 in case someone would like to jump on that before Cable is officially announced!