• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Rick & Morty thread.
2 2

211 posts in this topic

I'm finally getting into this show!  Having short 20 minute episodes lets me watch a few now and then and get my fill.  Funny stuff and definitely some dark humor which is always great to watch while scanning.

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Stand Down, Nerds! Adult Swim Orders 70 New ‘Rick and Morty’ Episodes

http://collider.com/new-rick-and-morty-episodes-adult-swim/

It may be a while... 

"I know how long this show takes to write, let alone animate," he said. "I'd be surprised if there was a fourth season on the air anytime sooner than 2019... late 2019.”

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/rick-and-morty/267815/rick-and-morty-season-4-confirmed-by-justin-roiland

1 minute ago, Norinn Radd said:

It may be a while... 

"I know how long this show takes to write, let alone animate," he said. "I'd be surprised if there was a fourth season on the air anytime sooner than 2019... late 2019.”

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/rick-and-morty/267815/rick-and-morty-season-4-confirmed-by-justin-roiland

Yeah, I wouldn't expect anything until late next year, especially if they haven't started yet...

Rick & Morty Instagram

The video attached to their Instagram is pretty funny. Let's hope this means Rick & Morty for at least another 3 seasons!

:banana:

70 episodes is a LOT.  About 10 episodes a season...so approximately they're locked in for the next 7 years.  That's 10 seasons in total.

I really hope they don't go the way of South Park and Simpsons...quality and ideas gradually degrading as the series went on.

But right now I'm happy there's a season 4!!!:whee:

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 7:32 AM, Norinn Radd said:

Tales from the Citadel (Ricklantis Mixup) deserves an Emmy nomination. (thumbsu

S3e7_Tales_From_the_Citadel.png.f604e4533fdb3b0c48aba7d9d9bd390c.png

I'm down to the last episode (been watching everything for the past 3 weeks to catch up) but this one was amazing. simply amazing

Yes, it's all Turner's fault that they opened an unlicensed themed pub specifically to capitalize on their intellectual property and got shut down for it. Totally Turner's fault.

They should try opening up a Mickey Mouse-themed strip joint next. I hear Disney's even more willing to let people use their IP for profit...

Yeah, totally saw this coming. Intellectual property is a big thing nowadays and not surprised the pub got shut down. 

As a fan, it sucks but as a business, they want their money and their cut. As a musician, I see this all the time with people wanted to do covers of songs or use songs in videos and what not. Copyrights are a huge thing with popular entertainment. 

I wish the guys well and good luck  on their next endeavor. 

:/

I was wondering how long that would take. As an artist who's work has been used without permission (but one who got a nice out-of-court settlement), I'm always sensitive to stuff like this. It pisses me off no end every time Calvin & Hobbes merch pops up on my FB feed, which is often.

On 8/21/2018 at 3:27 PM, RedRaven said:

Amazing that so much money was spent without a rock solid licensing agreement in place. Insanity.

1. Spend A Lot and Show Them We're Serious Before We Ask For Permission

2. ?

3. Profit

Edited by valiantman