• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Rick & Morty thread.
2 2

211 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

Reading online comments, I see a lot of hatred for this episode.  I don't get why.

(shrug) I laughed my off.  My only guess is because it was solely Rick & Morty, and people have gotten used to the expanded world building (the first 3 episodes have really been on a continuum, where as this one kind of stands out on its own) so maybe people didn't like that it didn't "advance" the plot of the divorce.  

3 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

Is there any episode that isn't a gut punch to Morty?

Interdimensional Cable I, it was a gut punch to Summer.  She discovered her parents are only together because Beth got knocked up, and Morty reveals the fact that both her Rick and Morty are dead (and buried right outside).  Morty basically just hangs on the couch the entire time watching great TV, he seemed to have fun the entire time.

So I know I'm going to get blasted for this comment but here goes...

What makes this show so good? I'm an artistry person and this shows is subpar for the artistry. Which is a downer for me.

Don't know much about it either. Seems to be decent from what I've read in folks comments though.

Maybe I'll give it a try..

13 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

So I know I'm going to get blasted for this comment but here goes...

What makes this show so good? I'm an artistry person and this shows is subpar for the artistry. Which is a downer for me.

Don't know much about it either. Seems to be decent from what I've read in folks comments though.

Maybe I'll give it a try..

To me, it's Rick's ego, and how he's always in control even when it seems he isn't in control, which makes the viewer question themselves on whether they are every really in trouble on their adventures or if every single thing is just part of Rick's calculation.  Perhaps even the personal issues are calculated.  The show has levels and levels.

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 11:43 AM, Jking3437 said:

Pickle Rick !! And the jaguar lol 

My favorite so far.  I tried to share it with my family but the sewer scene was too much.  I was laughing hysterically and my wife was horrified.  Tried to explain why it was funny, but it just didn't work.